Immigration Law Question: I-130

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration Law Question: I-130

My brother had filed I-130 for me in 2007, now my daughter wants to file I-130 for me in 2011, is there any problem for this duplication. If my brother does not cancel his petition for me and my daughter want to petition for me, then what will be the consequences of the double petitions for me

My brother had filed I-130 for me in 2007, now my daughter wants to file I-130 for me in 2011, is there any problem for this duplication. If my brother does not cancel his petition for me and my daughter want to petition for me, then what will be the consequences of the double petitions for me

Comment

They will both be denied and you will be barred for fraud

Comment

Hi Rajamunir, don`t worry about what the other guy has just posted, you are going to get characters like this unfortunately, as far as your daughter is concerned, if she is an LPR or US citizen, she can also petition for you, USCIS will gladly take your money, and they eventually will adjudicate this I-130 as well, is just that your brothers` petition will be adjudicated first since he petitioned for you in 2007 and then your daughter would have to withdraw her petition for you, since most likely you would adjust under your brothers` petition, I say consult an attorney, perhaps they will know the best action to take in your behalf.
        <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RAJAMUNIR:
        My brother had filed I-130 for me in 2007, now my daughter wants to file I-130 for me in 2011, is there any problem for this duplication. If my brother does not cancel his petition for me and my daughter want to petition for me, then what will be the consequences of the double petitions for me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

The petition your daughter filed will go much faster. With your brother, you've basically got another 11 years to wait for a visa number to be available to you, but there is no such numerical requirement for the parents of a US Citizen.

Your brother can withdraw his petition, or it will be cancelled if no action is taken on it. Your daughter's I-130 would take precedence.
          The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

Hey thanks a lot for your support even I am going with the same situation, Actually I am also wanted to ask this question but I got the answer before only!!!
            Truck leasing

Comment

I stand corrected, aroha is right, your daughter petitioning for you would take precedence.
              <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aroha:
              The petition your daughter filed will go much faster. With your brother, you've basically got another 11 years to wait for a visa number to be available to you, but there is no such numerical requirement for the parents of a US Citizen.

Your brother can withdraw his petition, or it will be cancelled if no action is taken on it. Your daughter's I-130 would take precedence. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

Working...
              X