I want to stay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to stay

How can I stay if I have overstayed my tourist visa for over 7 years? I don't want to go back home to live. Home is South Africa. Is there any hope for me to be legal again?

How can I stay if I have overstayed my tourist visa for over 7 years? I don't want to go back home to live. Home is South Africa. Is there any hope for me to be legal again?

Comment

There's only one thing i can say to you i am african as well and what i can say is get married ....... that is your only opetion but remember be smart get married for the right reason too ,,, Good luck

Comment

You are right. If I do get married I want it to be for love and not the wrong reasons. If there is anyother solution please anybody let me know. Thanks

Comment

why not try i245 or asylum?

Comment

245i is not in effect as far as I know.

This is what the INS page says on asylum as far as who is eligible:
            "Who is Eligible?
            To be eligible for asylum in the United States, you must ask for asylum at a port-of-entry (airport, seaport or border crossing), or file an application within one year of your arrival in the United States. You may ask later than one year if conditions in your country have changed or if your personal circumstances have changed within the past year prior to your asking for asylum, and those changes of circumstances affected your eligibility for asylum. You may also be excused from the one year deadline if extraordinary circumstance prevented you from filing within the one year period after your arrival, so long as you apply within a reasonable time given those circumstances. "

Here is the page for the info on the INS page:

http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/se.../AsylumHDI.htm

I hope that helps.

Comment

I have been here for too long to apply for that. Could I perhaps have a company sponsor me for work perhaps? Could I legalize thru that perhaps? Any feed back would help. Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X