Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a normal time frame....

Hi

Any advice/info anyone can give me is greatly appreciated.

My AOS has been in process since June 2000, and I still have no resolution.

I arrived in the country legally ( 6 month tourist visa)met and married my husband who is a US Citizen.

In September 2001 my husband and I were interviewed together by the I-485 AOS ppl in Los Angeles - no decision was communicated to us and we were left hanging, despite repeated inquiries via phone and visits to the LA Office.

In October, 2003, my husband and I were again interviewed, this time by the I-130 (Petition for Spouse) and advised at the end of that interview that background checks would be made and we would be advised in writing of the result.

To date, we have had no notification from the BCIS.

I am an Australian citizen, and there is nothing in either my background, or my husbands that would not pass scrutiny re the background check.

To date, we have not used a lawyer...but are now wondering is it time to get one and find out what is going on?

thank you for any responses.

Hi

Any advice/info anyone can give me is greatly appreciated.

My AOS has been in process since June 2000, and I still have no resolution.

I arrived in the country legally ( 6 month tourist visa)met and married my husband who is a US Citizen.

In September 2001 my husband and I were interviewed together by the I-485 AOS ppl in Los Angeles - no decision was communicated to us and we were left hanging, despite repeated inquiries via phone and visits to the LA Office.

In October, 2003, my husband and I were again interviewed, this time by the I-130 (Petition for Spouse) and advised at the end of that interview that background checks would be made and we would be advised in writing of the result.

To date, we have had no notification from the BCIS.

I am an Australian citizen, and there is nothing in either my background, or my husbands that would not pass scrutiny re the background check.

To date, we have not used a lawyer...but are now wondering is it time to get one and find out what is going on?

thank you for any responses.

Comment

In my opinion, it is not a normal time frame at all. I think you should hire a lawer.

Comment

you might also want to consider having your USC spouse contact his congressman/senator, they can do inquiries to find out exactly what is happening with your case.

Comment

la is so freakin' backlogged cuz of it's immense illegal population -- it ain't funny. Even WITH that huge building they're in.

call the 1-800 #. call your congressman. make a stink. what have you got to lose.

-= nav =-

Comment

thank you all very much - time to start looking for a lawyer.

Comment

Irissa

before you spend those bucks to a lawyer.. Why not speak to a level 2 Im Officer. You have a right b/c of timeframe. Also as was suggested, do contact your congressman to look into this matter for you. this way it can be ascertained if the file is lost. Try these measures first before spending money. Good luck

Comment

Yep idrissa ...

Before hiring a lawyer ... do what 4now, spouse and moondin(last paragraph) wrote...

Comment

Irrisa; you probably currently are or have been investigated for visa fraud. How far into your "tourist" visa did you get married and did you show during your interview that you knew eachother even before you entered with the "tourist" visa... ? It is your burden of proof to show that you did not intend to get married to a USC when you came with the b-2, in any other case, it might be just a glitch; inquire!

Comment

Working...
                  X