The Mother's who drugged us

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mother's who drugged us

I had this email sent to me, and thought how true it is, and what kids get away with today.

The other day, someone at a store in our town read that a Methamphetamine lab had been found, in an old farmhouse in the adjoining county, and he asked me a rhetorical question:

Why didn't we have a drug problem when you and I were growing up?"

I replied, I had a drug problem when I was young:

I was drug to church on Sunday morning.
    I was drug to church for weddings and funerals.
    I was drug to family reunions and community socials no matter the weather.
    I was drug by my ears when I was disrespectful to adults.
    I was also drug to the woodshed when I disobeyed my parents, told a lie,
    brought home a bad report card, did not speak with respect, spoke ill of the teacher or the preacher,
    or if I didn't put forth my best effort in everything that was asked of me.
    I was drug to the kitchen sink to have my mouth washed out with soap if I uttered a profanity.
    I was drug out to pull weeds in mom's garden and flower beds and cockleburs out of dad's fields.
    I was drug to the homes of family, friends, and neighbors to help out some poor soul who had no one to mow the yard, repair the clothesline, or chop some firewood;
    And, if my mother had ever known that I took a single dime as a tip for this kindness, she would have drug me back to the woodshed.
    Those drugs are still in my veins and they affect my behavior in everything I do, say, or think.

They are stronger than cocaine, crack, or heroin; and, if today's children had this kind of drug problem, America would be a better place.

God bless the parents who drugged us

I had this email sent to me, and thought how true it is, and what kids get away with today.

The other day, someone at a store in our town read that a Methamphetamine lab had been found, in an old farmhouse in the adjoining county, and he asked me a rhetorical question:

Why didn't we have a drug problem when you and I were growing up?"

I replied, I had a drug problem when I was young:

I was drug to church on Sunday morning.
    I was drug to church for weddings and funerals.
    I was drug to family reunions and community socials no matter the weather.
    I was drug by my ears when I was disrespectful to adults.
    I was also drug to the woodshed when I disobeyed my parents, told a lie,
    brought home a bad report card, did not speak with respect, spoke ill of the teacher or the preacher,
    or if I didn't put forth my best effort in everything that was asked of me.
    I was drug to the kitchen sink to have my mouth washed out with soap if I uttered a profanity.
    I was drug out to pull weeds in mom's garden and flower beds and cockleburs out of dad's fields.
    I was drug to the homes of family, friends, and neighbors to help out some poor soul who had no one to mow the yard, repair the clothesline, or chop some firewood;
    And, if my mother had ever known that I took a single dime as a tip for this kindness, she would have drug me back to the woodshed.
    Those drugs are still in my veins and they affect my behavior in everything I do, say, or think.

They are stronger than cocaine, crack, or heroin; and, if today's children had this kind of drug problem, America would be a better place.

God bless the parents who drugged us

Comment

That post proves that drugging can destroy a person's mind and turn people into imbeciles ! I would rather my kid be a crack addict-***** than to write such corny nonsense !!!

Comment

Proves your mentality SOM.
        -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
        1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SonofMichael:
          That post proves that drugging can destroy a person's mind and turn people into imbeciles ! I would rather my kid be a crack addict-***** than to write such corny nonsense !!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well that explains why you have no respect for others

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
            That brought back a childhood memory. Ivory soap doesn't taste very good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had dish washing soap yuk!!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jake01:
              Well that explains why you have no respect for others </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have respect for others, but not you and your ilk

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SonofMichael:
                <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jake01:
                Well that explains why you have no respect for others </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have respect for others, but not you and your ilk </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's cos you are still counting those god darn rubles

Comment

@davdah: LOL (you're right on that!)
                  Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there.

Comment

Hi Jake,

Nice post - I'm sending this to my mother-in-law. My husband said that they were told to wash their mouth with soap when they were younger too.
                    Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, as long as ever you can.

--John Wesley

Comment

I have a confession,

My aunt mentioned to me once about soap in the mouth, so when my son first came out with a bad word, and after I gave him warnings, I did scrape some soap on his bottom teeth. (not much hasten to add).
                      He really didn't like it but it worked.

He laughs about it now and he is 13.
                      I asked him whether it affected him, and he said no of course not, but it sure made him think about swearing again.
                      In fact he said he would prefer that to my usual punishment of not letting him on the computer or something.
                      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks Mrs. B, I had another sweet email sent me today, and thought I'd share it with you all. I think I already sent it to you Sprint!

Touching words

After 21 years of marriage, my wife wanted me to take Another woman out to dinner and a movie. She said, "I love You, but I know this other woman loves you and would love
                        To spend some time with you."

The other woman that my wife wanted me to visit was my Mother, who has been a widow for 19 years, but the demands Of my work and my three children had made it possible to Visit her only occasionally.

That night I called to invite her to go out for dinner and a Movie. "What's wrong, are you well," she asked?

My Mother is the type of woman who suspects that a late Night call or a surprise invitation is a sign of bad news.

"I thought that it would be pleasant to spend some time with You, "I responded "just the two of us." She thought about it For a moment, and then said, "I would like that very much."

That Friday after work, as I drove over to pick her up I was A bit nervous. When I arrived at her house, I noticed that She, too, seemed to be nervous about our date. She waited in
                        The door with her coat on. She had curled her hair and was Wearing the dress that she had worn to celebrate her last Wedding anniversary.

She smiled from a face that was as radiant as an angel's. "I Told my friends that I was going to go out with my son, and They were impressed," she said, as she got into the car.
                        "They can't wait to hear about our meeting." We went to a Restaurant that, although not elegant, was very nice and Cozy. My Mother took my arm as if she were the First Lady.

After we sat down, I had to read the menu. Her eyes could Only read large print. Half way through the entries, I Lifted my eyes and saw Mother sitting there staring at me.
                        A nostalgic smile was on her lips. "It was I who used to Have to read the menu when you were small, "she said. "Then it's time that you relax and let me return the favor," I Responded. During the dinner, we had an agreeable Conversation nothing extraordinary but catching up on Recent events of each other's life. We talked so much that We missed the movie. As we arrived at her house later, she
                        Said, "I'll go out with you again, but only if you let me Invite you." I agreed. "How was your dinner date?" asked my Wife when I got home. "Very nice, Much more so than I could
                        Have imagined," I answered.

A few days later, my Mother died of a massive heart attack.

It happened so suddenly that I didn't have a chance to do Anything for her. Some time later, I received an envelope With a copy of a restaurant receipt from the same place
                        Mother and I had dined. An attached note said: "I paid this Bill in advance. I wasn't sure that I could be there; but Nevertheless, I paid for two plates - one for you and the
                        Other for your wife. You will never know what that night Meant for me. I love you, son."

At that moment, I understood the importance of saying in Time: "I love YOU" and to give our loved ones the time that They deserve. Nothing in life is more important than your Family. Give them the time they deserve, because these
                        Things cannot be put off till "some other time."

Somebody said it takes about six weeks to get back to normal After you've had a baby... Somebody doesn't know that once You're a Mother, "normal" is history.

Somebody said you can't love the second child as much as you Love the first....somebody doesn't have two or more Children.

Somebody said the hardest part of being a Mother Is labor and delivery....somebody never watched her "baby" Get on the bus for the first day of kindergarten ...or on a Plane headed for military "boot camp."

Somebody said a Mother can stop worrying after her child Gets married ....somebody doesn't know that marriage adds a New son or daughter-in-law to a Mother's heartstrings.

Somebody said a Mother's job is done when her last child Leaves home....somebody never had grandchildren. Somebody Said your Mother knows you love her, so you don't need to Tell her....somebody isn't a Mother.

Pass this along to all the "Mothers " in your life and to
                        Everyone who ever had a mother.

This isn't just about being a Mother; it's about
                        Appreciating the people in your lives while you have
                        Them....no matter who that person is.

Watch your Thoughts, they become words.

Watch your words, they become actions.

Watch your actions, they become habits.

Watch your Habits, they become character.

Comment

This is not quite the same but a lovely poem and when I sent it on to my friends years ago, they all felt touched by it.
                          Kind of sad but a beautiful story: (especially for the romantics out there)

Each year he sent her roses,
                          and the note would always say,
                          I love you even more this year,
                          than last year on this day.
                          My love for you will always grow,
                          with every passing year."

She knew this was the last time
                          that the roses would appear.
                          She thought, he ordered roses
                          in advance before this day.
                          Her loving husband did not know,
                          that he would pass away.

He always liked to do things early,
                          way before the time.
                          Then, if he got too busy,
                          everything would work out fine.
                          She trimmed the stems and
                          placed them in a very special vase.

Then, sat the vase beside
                          the portrait of his smiling face.
                          She would sit for hours,
                          In her husband's favorite chair.
                          While staring at his picture,
                          and the roses sitting there.

A year went by, and it was
                          to live without her mate.
                          With loneliness and solitude,
                          that had become her fate.

Then, the very hour,
                          The doorbell rang, and there
                          were roses sitting by her door.
                          She brought the roses in,
                          and then just looked at them in shock.
                          Then, went to get the telephone,
                          to call the florist shop.

The owner answered, and she asked him,
                          if he would explain, Why would someone
                          do this to her, causing her such pain?

"I know your husband passed away,
                          more than a year ago,"
                          The owner said,
                          "I knew you'd call, and you would want to know.

The flowers you received today,
                          were paid for in advance.
                          Your husband always planned ahead,
                          he left nothing to chance.

There is a standing order,
                          that I have on file down here,
                          And he has paid, well in advance,
                          you'll get them every year.

There also is another thing,
                          that I think you should know,
                          He wrote a special little card...he did this years
                          ago. Then, should ever I find out that he's no longer here,
                          that's the card that should be sent to you the following year."

She thanked him and hung up the phone, her tears now flowing hard.
                          Her fingers shaking,
                          as she slowly reached to get the card.
                          Inside the card, she saw that he
                          had written her a note.
                          Then, as she stared in total silence,

this is what he wrote...

"Hello my love, I know it's been a year
                          since I've been gone.
                          I hope it hasn't been too hard for you to
                          overcome.
                          I know it must be lonely,
                          and the pain is very real.
                          Or if it was the other way,
                          I know how I would feel.

The love we shared made everything
                          so beautiful in life.
                          I loved you more than words can say,
                          you were the perfect wife.
                          You were my friend and lover,
                          you fulfilled my every need.
                          I know it's only been a year,
                          but please try not to grieve.
                          I want you to be happy,
                          even when you shed your tears.

That is why the roses will be sent to you for years.
                          When you get these roses,
                          think of all the happiness that we had together,
                          and how both of us were blessed.

I have always loved you and
                          I know I always will.
                          But, my love, you must go on,
                          you have some living still.

Please...try to find happiness,
                          while living out your days.
                          I know it is not easy,
                          but I hope you find some ways.

The roses will come every year,
                          and they will only stop,
                          When your door's not answered,
                          when the florist stops to knock.

He will come five times that day,
                          in case you have gone out.
                          But after his last visit,
                          he will know without a doubt!
                          To take the roses to the place,
                          where I've instructed him
                          and place the roses where we are,
                          together once again.

Comment

That was beautiful, Sprint. Thanks so much for sharing!

Comment

Wow Sprint, thats a real tear J erker at the end

Comment

Working...
                              X