Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SEVIS terminated. WIll reinstatement be denied?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEVIS terminated. WIll reinstatement be denied?

My school terminated my SEVIS without my because a professor dropped me out of a class because he thought that wasn't my level. Basically, I had already taken a higher level class. That sent me to 11 credits and because it was past registration time I couldn't register for another class. I only knew my admission was terminated when I tried to register for classes this semester. I then when to talk to the international advisor who said he couldn't help with reinstatement because I told him that my dad had filed I-130 for me and it's been approved. However, he lifted the holdon my admission and allowed me to register for classes. IS there a guranteed denial of F-1 reinstatement if one has an approved I-130? I'm confused. I've already been in the states for 3 years spent all that money on education and I don't want it to go to waste. At the same time I don't want to jeopardize my greencard application in the future.

My school terminated my SEVIS without my because a professor dropped me out of a class because he thought that wasn't my level. Basically, I had already taken a higher level class. That sent me to 11 credits and because it was past registration time I couldn't register for another class. I only knew my admission was terminated when I tried to register for classes this semester. I then when to talk to the international advisor who said he couldn't help with reinstatement because I told him that my dad had filed I-130 for me and it's been approved. However, he lifted the holdon my admission and allowed me to register for classes. IS there a guranteed denial of F-1 reinstatement if one has an approved I-130? I'm confused. I've already been in the states for 3 years spent all that money on education and I don't want it to go to waste. At the same time I don't want to jeopardize my greencard application in the future.

Comment

Working...
    X