Experiences with Senator/Congressmen Inquiries

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experiences with Senator/Congressmen Inquiries

Wondering if anyone could share their experiences good or bad with attempts to engage Senator/Congressmen to make inquiries on their behalf with regards to pending USCIS and/or DOL cases.

My situation as follows:
    Canadian Citizen

Non Immigrant H1B Visa processing.........
    - H1B extension receipt received by Dallas Regional USCIS on Dec 4/04 (advised processing takes 120-180 days)
    - Existing H1B visa expired Dec 18/04
    - Attorney filed status inquiry thru USCIS hot line June 10/04, advised response to inquiry would be provided within 30 days.
    - Will be out of status (I believe) on Aug 14/04 (240 days from existing H1B expiration date) assuming extension approval not acquired before then.
    - Holding off until mid July/04 before pursuing premium processing (approx 30 days before out of status date).

Employer Sponsored Immigration processing ......
    - Labor certification finally thru TWC and received by Dallas Regional DOL Aug 03, currently they are cases with receipt date Jan 03.

Attempting to gauge risks and benefits if any..

Wondering if anyone could share their experiences good or bad with attempts to engage Senator/Congressmen to make inquiries on their behalf with regards to pending USCIS and/or DOL cases.

My situation as follows:
    Canadian Citizen

Non Immigrant H1B Visa processing.........
    - H1B extension receipt received by Dallas Regional USCIS on Dec 4/04 (advised processing takes 120-180 days)
    - Existing H1B visa expired Dec 18/04
    - Attorney filed status inquiry thru USCIS hot line June 10/04, advised response to inquiry would be provided within 30 days.
    - Will be out of status (I believe) on Aug 14/04 (240 days from existing H1B expiration date) assuming extension approval not acquired before then.
    - Holding off until mid July/04 before pursuing premium processing (approx 30 days before out of status date).

Employer Sponsored Immigration processing ......
    - Labor certification finally thru TWC and received by Dallas Regional DOL Aug 03, currently they are cases with receipt date Jan 03.

Attempting to gauge risks and benefits if any..

Comment

It probably just annoys the Officers and makes them want to deny you just in spite.
      Have a nice day

Comment

Yup!
        Sweet Madame Belu

Comment

Great Advice Schmoe!!!!! YUP!!!

Comment

Glühbirne/josephine schmo/kjv62803 - thanks for the responses, looks like a consensus so far.. however I was hoping to hear from someone with actual examples that they could share.

Comment

It would probably actually help you. Most people I've heard of that did it got positive results. The only person I ever heard say not to do it was BronzeLady and she has "inside" experience. I think she's worked at a service center or a district office or something like that.
              Have a nice day

Comment

Your Congressman can be of great help. We enlisted ours and got a positive response within a week. What you have to do, is get a intake sheet, fill it out, and fax that sheet along with proper documents to your congressman. They will either call you or send you a letter by mail telling you what is happening in your case and what is being done to resolve it. It our case we had an appointment letter from Immigration before we received the letter back from the congressman.

Comment

kgb:

D o r k wad, I was agreeing with Glue, but I didn't want to get her panties in a knot over it.
                  Sweet Madame Belu

Comment

Working...
                  X