X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• change of address and GC

Hi everyone!

I need some advice on the following:
    I may change my address whithin the next 30-40 days and I'm worried that I may not get my GC before I move to the new address(GC should be sent to me whithin the next 3 months).

Besides notifying the local Post Offfice as well as BCIS, what else can I do to make sure BCIS will forward my GC to the new address?
    I've witnessed cases in which public services such as DMV and SSA fowarded documents to old addresses, even after people updated their address at the Post Office. NO need to say, their documents end up in the trash can.
    Thanks for your help.

Hi everyone!

I need some advice on the following:
    I may change my address whithin the next 30-40 days and I'm worried that I may not get my GC before I move to the new address(GC should be sent to me whithin the next 3 months).

Besides notifying the local Post Offfice as well as BCIS, what else can I do to make sure BCIS will forward my GC to the new address?
    I've witnessed cases in which public services such as DMV and SSA fowarded documents to old addresses, even after people updated their address at the Post Office. NO need to say, their documents end up in the trash can.
    Thanks for your help.

Comment

Lonely heart:
      we have a lot of husbands for sale here, all undocumented and willing to end your loneliness
      Just place an ad

Now, in terms of Ad. change...Well, last time I heard they have huge mountains of those AC11's and there was a probability that some of them will either get lost or disappear before being actually processed.
      But it was then, couple of years ago, when DHS started enforcing the AC law.
      What's going on now I have no idea, but I would reccomend you to call DHS and speak the Officer(NOT the 800 Cust. Serv Rep.!) in the Center that processes your GC Appl. and ask them to enter your new address while you are on the phone.
      I don't know if they would do it over the phone but at least you should try.

The worst case scenario: it gets lost. Not a tragedy, just apply for replacement and wait few more month.

It's not something you should worry about.

Good luck.

Comment

Hi Mrs. Lonely Heart ...

Try to find posts of John Doe and Aguila .... And sammy and spyrapicus have given good info on that one .... Well I shall try to find that out .... If I do then I will post here ...good luck

Besides you have mentioned what you can do is...if someone is coming to stay at place u live ...u can request them to keep any mail to you received by them and notify you abt that ....

[This message was edited by Pasha Patel on March 09, 2004 at 02:39 PM.]

Comment

Thanks Pasha for your advice.
          I'll try to find the posts you suggested.
          Meanwhile, do you have any suggestions on how to get rid of "persona non grata" on this forum? just kidding!!!!

Comment

Hi Mrs. Lonely Heart ...

Well I don't know about previous question ...

Here is info source .... Good luck .... Pasha

http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums?a=...1&m=5156048725

Comment

Working...
            X