No announcement yet.

Change From Green-card To Citizenship.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change From Green-card To Citizenship.

I recently became a Naturalize Citizen of the USA,
    and my question is that I have applied a petition for my spouse (Form-I130) as a Green-card holder (in 1998), and now I became a citizen so is this help for the priority date for my spouse?? [My spouse already got the V visa, Thanks INS but don't have EAD yet, still under process.].

Thanks for always helping me.
    Kaya.

I recently became a Naturalize Citizen of the USA,
    and my question is that I have applied a petition for my spouse (Form-I130) as a Green-card holder (in 1998), and now I became a citizen so is this help for the priority date for my spouse?? [My spouse already got the V visa, Thanks INS but don't have EAD yet, still under process.].

Thanks for always helping me.
    Kaya.

Comment

What you have to do is to upgrade your petition, that of a LPR to that of a citizen. Automatically your petition will be current, and thus an EAD will be issued to your husband at once. Check with the INS how to go along with this.

Comment

Hi Just wanted to ask you a quick unrelated question,but how soon after your interview,did you receive a notice of Swearing in for your Citizenship.thanks.

Comment

Time between Naturalization test and Oathe ceremony was 2-3 months in my case.

Comment

Thank you for the info,What state was your interview? My interview was in New York this May,and I am just waiting for the approval and Swearing in date.

Comment

Working...
            X