i94-w visa waiver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i94-w visa waiver

hi, i am a u.k citizen and on my last visit to the states, my visa waiver card was not taken from me. i still have it in my passport. i have since found out that i was supposed to return it, is this going to affect me returning to the states in the future?

i am planning on going in a few days time and have my tickets booked, i was just wondering if i am going to have any problems getting through immigration

hi, i am a u.k citizen and on my last visit to the states, my visa waiver card was not taken from me. i still have it in my passport. i have since found out that i was supposed to return it, is this going to affect me returning to the states in the future?

i am planning on going in a few days time and have my tickets booked, i was just wondering if i am going to have any problems getting through immigration

Comment

well immigration inspectors have the discretion to deny ur entry, i dont seem it will be a big problem, just be honest. Maybe you want to call the U.S. embassy in london and ask how can you return the I-94W.

Comment

how can they tell that i didn't overstay though, as no-one stamped my passport all they did was look at it?

i have looked at other site where they thought they had overstayed because they had no record of them leaving.

Comment

if anyone can help it would be much apreciated

Comment

it shoudn't be a big problem... but you never know.

I would ask the officer at the entry what to do with the old I-94 as he/she stamps a new one.. So they know I want to play by the rules...and I would have some proof of last departure (if you have other country's entry stamp in the passport - great).

Comment

no-one stamped my passport, **** it.

Comment

thanks for all your help guys so far, if anyone has had a similar experience post it on here. thanks

Comment

oh and when i got back to gatwick airport the woman just took my passport looked at it then gave it back to be. no computers no nothing.

i do not have any evidence about my return flight as i cannot remember who i booked with.

Comment

Lilo,

Just take that booking with you when you go to US. Then I'm sure you won't get "hurt". When you get back......just post it up how it went. Good luck, and wish you all the best!
                    Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there.

Comment

Lilo...
                      I too am originally from the UK although I am now living in the US.

One time I had the same problem with my I-94, I realised it when I got back to Gatwick, I asked one of the security guys there and he said " throw it in bin when you get home ".... I decided to keep it , just in case, as I was planning more trips here to the US to visit my fiancee.
                      On the next trip I was asked about it at the US Immigration desk, I told him the truth, that no one took it from me the last time I left and I never knew any better at that time, he explained that it provided a record of my leaving the country and to make sure it was ALWAYS given to the airline on departure, whether they asked for it or not. I am sure he made a record on my computer notes.
                      The following trip, at the immigration officer took my prints ect as normal, then said... go to that office over there, they just want to confirm a few things with you, in the office they basically just checked my passport and asked the nature of my visit, then sent me on my way. After that I had a few trip with no problems at all, except customs stole my Atora Suet lol... its got Beef products in it and ya not allowed to bring them here... Dammit can't make PROPER dumplings
                      My last trip here was a nightmare... Entered through Atlanta, customs officer took usual details etc, then said, in a rather harsh voice... Go to that office over there they need to check you out. Once in the office it was totally different atmosphere to the previous time, there were others there that were waiting too, I had to hand in my passport, then go sit and wait... While I was waiting, a guy got refused and was told he was going to be sent back to Mexico on the next available flight and another they were really having trouble trying to explain things too. When they questioned me they wanted to know EVERYTHING, almost to the point of what I had for breakfast, they wanted to know where I would be staying and could it be confirmed, all I could think of was my girlfriends home telephone number, so I gave him that. After I had given him the info he said to go and sit down again and he disappeared into a back office, on his return he called me up and said ( with a note of humour in his voice )... do you have a phone number where YOU are not on the recorded message... sheesh I had forgotten about that, my girlfriend lived anlone and wanted a male voice on the recording.
                      Luckily I remembered I had a business card of my girlfriends in my wallet, with her work number. He called that and got her at work, basically he asked her the same questions he had asked me, as neither of us lied our answers were the same, so he must have been satisfied.... One thing I told him was that I was visiting my girlfriend and he asked if we intended to marry? I said yes, he asked had we set a date to which I answered no, my girlfriend told him the same thing... although that changed after talking with our lawyer here, who said, if you don't need to go back, you are entitled to marry while here and file without having to leave the country again.
                      Thats what we decided to do....
                      And before anyone says anything, our relationship is good and for the right reasons.
                      We have known each other since 2002... first met in person in 2004 and until I came here the last time in Sept 2006 I was making 5 - 6 trips a year, for upto a month at a time just so we could be together, also she made a few trips to the UK as well.
                      Not sure how much help this is to you, but at least you know how it went for me .

Comment

there is actually an address that u can send them to. Go onto the USCIS site and get the address and send it registered post keeping a copy of the receipt and the I94. incase ur asked.

eeyore have u completed ur immigration process yet? You proabably got stopped because of the frequency of ur trips and atlanta is a ***mer of a airport....

cant beleive u have no evidence of ur flight tho because u dont know who u booked with, a flight like that isnt a trip to the pub with ur mates... and i think saying something like that will put up red flags. At least kwow the return date with who u flew.. and the time!!11

Comment

[QUOTE]

eeyore have u completed ur immigration process yet? You proabably got stopped because of the frequency of ur trips and atlanta is a ***mer of a airport....

We have filed all the forms etc, had biometrics taken, AOS interview is on 8th May...

Comment

Working...
                          X