Consulate Processing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consulate Processing

I am in process to sponsor my stepchild. I called the US embassy and they informed me that I have to apear in person. I contacted couple of attorneys, ONLY one claimed that he can handle my case at the consulate without me or the attorney's appearance. Any idea if this is true or noe? Can an attorney process a I-130 at the consulate without going there? I am afraid that all he wants is my MONEY

Please advise
    csrshuttle

I am in process to sponsor my stepchild. I called the US embassy and they informed me that I have to apear in person. I contacted couple of attorneys, ONLY one claimed that he can handle my case at the consulate without me or the attorney's appearance. Any idea if this is true or noe? Can an attorney process a I-130 at the consulate without going there? I am afraid that all he wants is my MONEY

Please advise
    csrshuttle

Comment

So you are going for Direct Consular Filling (processing I-130 at the consulate)?

Main idea behind that service is to make possible for US citizens, who live abroad and are about to return to the US, to petition for spouse/parent/child. To be eligible to do DCF, US citizen has to reside in country for certain period of time. Some consulates are as lax as to allow filling after US citizen has been 1 day in the country. To prove being in the country, US citizen has to file I-130 in person.

If US citizen doesn't have to be present to file, wouldn't DFC route be used by most petitioners?

Comment

Working...
      X