Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about the citizenship test

Hello everybody,

Recently, my parents applied for citizenship. I have been doing some reasearch and I found the "classic" history/civics questions. But I have a couple questions of my own:

1. Is the test a written test or an **** one?

2. Is the test before the interview or at the time of the interview?

3. How many questions do they need to answer correctly in order to pass?

My parents English is not that great. They do understand and can communicate but their grammar is bad. They have been going to classes since they came to the US five years ago but they are almost 60 and it is very difficult to learn a language at that age.

Thank you in advance for the information you may provide.

Hello everybody,

Recently, my parents applied for citizenship. I have been doing some reasearch and I found the "classic" history/civics questions. But I have a couple questions of my own:

My parents English is not that great. They do understand and can communicate but their grammar is bad. They have been going to classes since they came to the US five years ago but they are almost 60 and it is very difficult to learn a language at that age.

Thank you in advance for the information you may provide.

Comment

**** = o.r.a.l.

I cant believe it was "censored". It is not a bad word. I guess I should have said "verbal".

Comment

I found this link - hope it helps!

http://www.uscitizenship.info/ins-ci...ip-process.htm

Comment

Cayita, I can understand that is hard to learn a new language at 60's. I will have my interview for Citizenship in almost 2 months and I found in an other forum this link that I found very helpful for me to prepare for my test : http://cgi.univision.com/cgi-bin/quanda/quanda.cgi?Acti...tizenship&QN=20&AN=4
          You can find there directly what was wrong with your answer. Hope it will help your parents. Good luck!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Hello everybody,

Thank you in advance for the information you may provide. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They may qualify for waiver, depending on age, health condition and relevant/current law.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">**** = o.r.a.l.
            I cant believe it was "censored". It is not a bad word. I guess I should have said "verbal". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You better believe - this is a marvelous board.

Comment

Working...
            X