French/American wedding - Help required

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iperson:
    Lol this is a funny thread.
    Frenchy, good luck on your process ahead of you and just a small suggestion. Americans have some issues with the French, more than any other nations. I wouldn't say it is a positive thing. The good thing is they love to buy French products if you want to go into business. Import stuff from France and you'll sell loads of it here.
    See this store as an example (a good friend of mine):
    www.thefrenchybee.com

Bonsoir! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    You know when I meet someone after a while he/she knows that I'm French, the first question is: Why the French don't like the American ???
    Every person I met loves me... Not because I'm French just because I try to be a nice guy as much as possible.
    When you are in a small town, the butcher, the baker, the teller at the bank, they know who you are because you have a particularity, and I NEVER had any problems because of my nationality, It has been a positive point to me. And when my bestfriend introduces me to someone, he doesn't even use my first name, just Frenchy. So a lot of friends doesn't even know my name or doesn't use it.
    Of course if one day I do something bad, people will remember me because of that.

To me it's a stereotype: American people don't like French, French don't like American... You don't care about us, we don't care about you. We have enough to deal with in our coutries

I would say, people are usually afraid of what they don't know...

French people are like you, we just live in a smaller country

Thanks for the link and the advice... My idea was to buy some american cars and to sell them in France... But it's just an idea
    Bonne journee tout le monde !

Comment

great idea to sell cars in theory. Actually the transportation to Europe is pretty reasonable. The problem tho is the taxes on the other side. They can cripple! Luxury tax its called in holland and germany not sure about France. hence why there are not so many harleys on the other side of the puddle.

Comment

food sounds like a great idea! I would love to find a german shop nearer here than there is. The stuff in the supermarkets just dont cut it.

Comment

I was supposed to create a company with a friend and we haven't done it... But the idea is still in my head, but I need funds to start. So once "legal" I will work like everybody and see if I can still do it or not

Comment

I went to the County Courthouse to get the "marriage License" and they were closed, so I have to go back this afternoon.
            I dropped off all my paperwork at the French Consulate in Chicago, and everything seemed to be okay.
            Now I have to see, if it's possible for me to get married in an other state. The reason is simple, I need an "apostille" on my "marriage License" and I can have one far from my place (4h30 one way), or in Wisconsin, (1h30 one way).
            Do you think it's a problem to do it like that? Because If I have to get merried in my own state, my friends and witnesses won't make it... I alreday have postponed the Party to the following week in a restaurant because of that.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed