Father Citizen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father Citizen

Father obtained Citizenship while child was 11 years old in1984, Mother was LPR, and both parents legally married is child USC?

Where were you when the child was born and what was your status?

Comment

Originally posted by Kumar555:
      Father obtained Citizenship while child was 11 years old in1984, Mother was LPR, and both parents legally married is child USC?
      I'll have to say no. The law, which allows a child to become a US citizen when a parent becomes a US citizen, didn't come into effect until year 2000. The statue is not covered retroactively. Thus, the child is not eligible for acquired citizenship.

I believe the requirement at the time was both parents had to naturalize.

Comment

give me a break already!!! these Hindus come out from the woodwork, they are everywhere, they push puppies like the world is coming to an end, I know the US is coming to an end with these rat faces procreating like rabbits.
        to Rambo and every damm illegal alien in the U.S. GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!!! Your own countries are supposed to support you, THEY have an OBLIGATION with you, not us, when will you get it thru your sick skulls. We have MILLIONS of people who SHOULD

Comment

Originally posted by SICKOFILLEGALS:
          give me a break already!!! these Hindus come out from the woodwork, they are everywhere, they push puppies like the world is coming to an end, I know the US is coming to an end with these rat faces procreating like rabbits.
          Okay, S12.

Comment

I think both parents were LPR at the time of child'd birth. parents should have applyid for retuning visa for the child when he was under two years of age, and got him a Green Card. and at the time of fathers naturalization the child could have claimed the USC.
            It's to late now. father should file I-130

Comment

Working...
            X