Immigration Law Question: re sponsoring spouse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration Law Question: re sponsoring spouse

When filling out the form to sponsor a spouse it askes for a ssn no .Now if the spouse has a tax no for tax purposes will that do , my friend filled that in as the ssn now shes worried.. The spouse is illegal came legally etc on a tourust visa and got assigned a no for tax purposes and thas the no they put on the form as he has no ssn ..They are kinda worried about it now ..
    Regards and thanks,
    Mary Josephine :-)

When filling out the form to sponsor a spouse it askes for a ssn no .Now if the spouse has a tax no for tax purposes will that do , my friend filled that in as the ssn now shes worried.. The spouse is illegal came legally etc on a tourust visa and got assigned a no for tax purposes and thas the no they put on the form as he has no ssn ..They are kinda worried about it now ..
    Regards and thanks,

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mary Ireland:
      When filling out the form to sponsor a spouse it askes for a ssn no .Now if the spouse has a tax no for tax purposes will that do , my friend filled that in as the ssn now shes worried.. The spouse is illegal came legally etc on a tourust visa and got assigned a no for tax purposes and thas the no they put on the form as he has no ssn ..They are kinda worried about it now .. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Dear Mary, do not use any ITIN when the form is asking for a SSN. They are not the same thing.
      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

well they put that down last week so what will happen now?
        Regards and thanks,

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mary Ireland:
          well they put that down last week so what will happen now? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Immigration officers know the number is not a SSN, but I do not think it will be any big deal at all. USCIS will know the number is for tax purposes b/c of the last three years of the tax returns being submitted.

If the issue comes up again and another person asks, then tell them not to put it there.
          "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

yah see when the wife was at her Naturalization interview the officer was going over the n400 then she said spouses ssn no? , my friend had brought their taz returns and just gave her the ITIN no listed in their tax return for her spouse He has being paying taxes etc even got a refund :-) the wife sponsored him, plus his 2 childeren already have green cards thru his ex wife marriage . If all is okapy how loing before he may get a temp work permit i know offical gc takes well time..
            Regards and thanks,

Comment

Working...
            X