VAWA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VAWA

I don't know how complicate this could be. I did not have medical injury records but other than that I've been thru almost all kind of abuses.

Should I get a lawyer? How much the cost would be? Any advices are most appreciated. Thanks.

VAWA pertains to pyschological abuse as well as physical abuse. Threats and intimidation all fall under psychological abuse. You will need documentation of any police reports, counseling, visits to family assistance centers etc in order to substantiate your claim, which is done in the form of an affidavit. I'd advise that you at least consult an immigration attorney to see just what will be required.
    The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

Thank you..

BTW any idea what the fee for immigration attorney would be? Thanks again..

Comment

No idea, sorry. It sounds to me like it would be wise to consult one; get an idea of the scope of the information you will need to make a convincing submission, get to work on it yourself and then have him or her review what you have. From what I have heard the affidavit, which is written by the battered spouse, is a very significant part of the petition, if supported by clear documentation.
        The above is simply an opinion. Your mileage may vary. For immigration issues, please consult an immigration attorney.

Comment

Working...
        X