case of abandonment after green card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• case of abandonment after green card

my wife obtained her green card as a result of our marriage. shortly after arriving in the US she decided to abandon the marriage. apparently this is common. if i file for divorce, will she lose her green card? i get conflicting answers to this question.

my wife obtained her green card as a result of our marriage. shortly after arriving in the US she decided to abandon the marriage. apparently this is common. if i file for divorce, will she lose her green card? i get conflicting answers to this question.

Comment

You need to be more specific regarding your question. Did she obtained a conditional GC?! This is usually if the couple is married less than 2 years. Because thereafter she needs to apply for I-751 to remove the condition from her GC. If you guys are married more than 2 years most likely she received her permanent GC, which I think she should not have any problems. Again this is not a legal advice you should seek a licensed lawayer.

Comment

I appreciate the reply. i think it was a conditional gc. we have been married less than two years. basically i'd like to get her gc revoked if possible. would i have a case?

Comment

It all depends if you will have a case or no because as I mentioned before whenever she will have to file I-751 (GC condition removal) she has to go through a interview and at that time the problems may arise if you are not there with her. But on the other hand if she is smart and impress the immigration officer she might get away with that! So I am not sure what the outcome may be. Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
          X