Q for Immigration Professionals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q for Immigration Professionals

A friend wants to apply for Citizenship; has had a GC for many years and it is actually expiring in 2 months(the card itself expiring). My Q is: should he renew the GC or not? since he will have N-400 pending, is renewal necessary?
    Thanks
    J

A friend wants to apply for Citizenship; has had a GC for many years and it is actually expiring in 2 months(the card itself expiring). My Q is: should he renew the GC or not? since he will have N-400 pending, is renewal necessary?
    Thanks
    J

Comment

Sorry there are no professionals here. We're all amateurs. Antifascist is a trainee.

Comment

Macyuhoo

Sarcasm is noted; however I beg to differ. I have come to this forum often and many a times communicated with professionals working in the industry, whether they were paralegals, which are definately professionals, or attorneys, and even USCIS employees (who of course would not disclose that). All that notwithstanding, if there are amateurs here who have experience with this sort of thing, I plead with them to reply. Their responses will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

I was just kidding darling. Coming from an amateur like me, let me just say that your friend doesn't have to renew her GC because of the pending citizenship.

Comment

To OP:

You sure are asking way too simple question for someone who claims to know profession of people encountered on this board

Comment

What's your point, antiquestion?

Comment

Same as I said.

Comment

Antifascist:

as it is so often the case, people presume without justification; you're certainly doing just that; I am not working in this field (Immigration) but I do try to help people I come into contact with, and often refer to this forum for answers. Perhaps if I were more familiar with these things, I wouldn't need to ask. Then again, so many people are not familiar with these issues, or else this forum wouldn't exist; except of course for people like yourself, and maybe others, who thrive on stinging others for fun; even without the above explanation, your logic still fails...since simply me talking to professionals does not necessarily imply me becoming an expert in this field; my advice would be if you're going to be on this forum on a daily basis, as it appears, (your name is on so many lists), maybe you should make your time useful and help someone, and not just be here to show off your misplaced pragmatism..all my best

Comment

as it is so often the case, people presume without justification; you're certainly doing just that;
                    May I ask you to do the opposite of what you accuse me of doing and prove your statement?

I am not working in this field (Immigration) but I do try to help people I come into contact with
                    Good for you

Perhaps if I were more familiar with these things, I wouldn't need to ask.
                    Perhaps you would appear more convincing if you didn't make claims that imply that you know more than to ask simplest questions.

[qupte]Then again, so many people are not familiar with these issues, or else this forum wouldn't exist;[/quote]

And so many '****sters' are on forums like this, giving tons of misleading information.
                    Do you consider it to be of any help?

except of course for people like yourself, and maybe others, who thrive on stinging others for fun;
                    I only use my logic and expose those who appear inconsistent, unconvincing or plainly misleading.

even without the above explanation, your logic still fails...
                    First, WHAT did you explain , other than accusing me of what you yourself are actually doing ("as it is so often the case, people presume without justification; you're certainly doing just that")?

Second, please show fallacy of my logic if you indeed are not doing what you accuse me of doing ("people presume without justification")

since simply me talking to professionals does not necessarily imply me becoming an expert in this field;
                    That's NOT what I have said ! Read my post that you refer to ! ("You sure are asking way too simple question for someone who claims to know profession of people encountered on this board");
                    So, don't LIE, have a DIGNITY and SELFRESPECT !

my advice would be if you're going to be on this forum on a daily basis, as it appears, (your name is on so many lists), maybe you should make your time useful and help someone, and not just be here to show off your misplaced pragmatism..all my best
                    I decide for myself what to do with my time, NOT YOU!
                    When Slavery is restored and you purchase me - THEN you can tell me what I should do with my spare time.
                    That's FIRST.

Second, yes, my name appears on many threads.
                    I like to express my opinion on variety of issues.Where is the donkey-hole who can prohibit me to do so?

Third, I do help people within the range of my capacity. I always did.
                    Not to earn your totally insignifacnt to me praise, but because I take pleasure from helping people.

Finally, PRAGMATISM IS NEVER MISPLACED !

Regards,

IE

Comment

Posted July 31, 2006 11:03 PM
                      as it is so often the case, people presume without justification; you're certainly doing just that;
                      "May I ask you to do the opposite of what you accuse me of doing and prove your statement? "

I only said you're here a lot, that is not assuming, but seeing...

Perhaps if I were more familiar with these things, I wouldn't need to ask.
                      "Perhaps you would appear more convincing if you didn't make claims that imply that you know more than to ask simplest questions."

I didn't make any claims with regard to anything, except that I appear to know what a GC and N-400 are, and that I know for a fact that professionals do come here...I don't have to tell YOU how I know that, but I know...and I also know the difference between those who offer nothing but grief, like you, and those who genuinely want to help and know what they are talking about..

[qupte]Then again, so many people are not familiar with these issues, or else this forum wouldn't exist;
                      "And so many '****sters' are on forums like this, giving tons of misleading information.
                      Do you consider it to be of any help?"

SEE ABOVE!

"First, WHAT did you explain , other than accusing me of what you yourself are actually doing ("as it is so often the case, people presume without justification; you're certainly doing just that")? "

already explained

since simply me talking to professionals does not necessarily imply me becoming an expert in this field;
                      "That's NOT what I have said ! Read my post that you refer to ! ("You sure are asking way too simple question for someone who claims to know profession of people encountered on this board");
                      So, don't LIE, have a DIGNITY and SELFRESPECT !"

I misread, you're certainly very melodramatic over this..

"I decide for myself what to do with my time, NOT YOU!"

yeah you do, but when a posting requires a response to a serious Q, your interference is hardly needed; so if your interference is not wanted, I believe I can offer whatever advice I want, in lieu of some harsher words...

Comment

I only said you're here a lot, that is not assuming, but seeing...
                        No, that's NOT what you said.
                        You said that "as it is so often the case, people presume without justification; you're certainly doing just that"
                        That's not the same as saying "You are here a lot".
                        So, stop your bull c.rap !

The rest I won't even bother to comment - for all that you wrote is nothing but a bull c.rap just like above.

Comment

antiwhatever, you've been gaining more enemies each day in this group. You're not of any help here. It's time to go...get out of here a s s h o l e !

Comment

He should renew his green card. It has to be valid to apply for citizenship which could be a long wait.

Comment

when I first started here antifascist appeared to be a very nice person, I dont know what changed..

Comment

Working...
                              X