I am a victim of Immigration Marriage Sham

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am a victim of Immigration Marriage Sham

Hey everyone...trying to keep an upbeat attitude. Anyway, my story starts: Met a girl had a shotgun marriage, but she hid it from her parents for a few months. 2 years 3 months and a couple days later, "Divorce"! Anyway, it turned into a vicious divorce with her wanting everything. How do I petition to be removed from sponsorship...We are in the I485 stage. Well at least that was the last receipt I have for the last letter from ucis. What do I do? I'm still not divorced, but want to be.

Hey everyone...trying to keep an upbeat attitude. Anyway, my story starts: Met a girl had a shotgun marriage, but she hid it from her parents for a few months. 2 years 3 months and a couple days later, "Divorce"! Anyway, it turned into a vicious divorce with her wanting everything. How do I petition to be removed from sponsorship...We are in the I485 stage. Well at least that was the last receipt I have for the last letter from ucis. What do I do? I'm still not divorced, but want to be.

Comment

Thanks for the info...davdah...I still am not following the vawa complaint? I mean, there was no physical abuse. I have been separated and living separately for over 1 1/2 years...in our marriage, she lived separately for approximately 5-6 months, then we moved into her parents house. I called the uscis and they stated I needed to set an appt. and go in to speak with a imig officer. But what factual information would I have to say to revoke my sponosorship? Not too mention, I think she already has her GC. The uscis stated something that scared the **** out of me...that I potentially be responsible for her for 10 years? That is unbelievable that our own country would s-h-i-t on US citizens like this! The uscis stated the only way I might be able to get out of that is if I plead my case that it was a sham marriage? How come the uscis does not point this out to sponsors in the very beginning?

Comment

CA...

Comment

Do not worry about her immigration status for now; possibly ever; that is not your problem. A woman can claim VAWA at anytime. Violence is defined however the woman wants to and you can be imprisoned 5-30 years despite any evidence. She can get a green card and sue you for your entire life earnings.

You must file a divorce immediately, an anullment based on fraud is better. Do not ask her cooperation, just have her served. Cease all communications with her immediately. Do this immediately. It would be better if you communicated through private message and not post details her for her to read.
          These people stop at Nothing !

Death to IMBRA AND VAWA !

God Bless America and no one else !!!

Comment

Divorce is already filed! How can she claim vawa? I have done nothing wrong...Wouldn't she have to have proof? How do I get an anullment after 2 + years of marriage and 1 1/2 years of separation? What details would prove fraud?

Comment

Yes, she got her GC. Pretty sure...but I believe we filled out all forms. And had an interview. She knew what she was doing, now that I look back...how quickly can you get a GC?

Comment

I will send a PM; I do not want to help the fraudsters

Comment

She actually filed for divorce. I'm not sure if she has a permanent GC or not though...As for proof of a sham, that sounds like that would be very difficult. But I do remember filling out forms and going to at least one interview. So this is probably not a vawa, right? But could a vawa be filed later...I have already been to court two times and nothing abusive has come up in court to indict me in anyway...

Comment

OK I am confused; did you counter sue for divorce? Or what? I don't think it is too late to bring up an annullment based on fraud if the divorce is not final.

Comment

Counter sue? You mean contest it? Yes, I contested the first petition.

Yes, filed as irreconcilable differences. Never hurt her, never cheated. Why do I think it is fraud? Because, there are too many ironic situations that lead me to believe that now. I feel like I was completely had!!! Not too mention the mentality of being revengefull and going after more things that are not deserved, even though I was completely caring and compassionate about everything.

Comment

Ca...thanks for your input...I really do see the correlation with what your saying and my scenario...

Comment

no doubt...100 % in agreement there!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X