passport stamp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• passport stamp

In August 2002, I received a Notice of Action for approval of my application for permanent residency. To apply for a "green card" I was to go to Memphis with my passport, I-94 card, and two adit-style photos. Since I did not have a passport (I am Canadian), I was unable to go. I already had a job, have not traveled outside the US, and have not applied for benefits, so I did not need proof of residency. Now I have a passport, so I am prepared to go to Memphis. Will there be a problem with the fact that my approval was granted in August, 2002, but it is now April 2004?

In August 2002, I received a Notice of Action for approval of my application for permanent residency. To apply for a "green card" I was to go to Memphis with my passport, I-94 card, and two adit-style photos. Since I did not have a passport (I am Canadian), I was unable to go. I already had a job, have not traveled outside the US, and have not applied for benefits, so I did not need proof of residency. Now I have a passport, so I am prepared to go to Memphis. Will there be a problem with the fact that my approval was granted in August, 2002, but it is now April 2004?

Comment

I just would like to add, do all I485 (AOS) have to attend for an interview? I know through marriage it's mandatory, but how about Family based - 1,2,3 and 4 categories?

Thanks

Comment

Why did you wait so long?

Comment

Choisi- You will not have a problem other than it will be another year before you get your card, and the probability of something else (lost file) happening has increased. If it isn't important for you, it sure isn't important for Immigration.

Mo- it depends on circumstances. For siblings or parents there generally isn't a question of a valid relationship. It's all in the birth certificates. The officer may not require the petitioner's presence, but may want proof that the individual is alive and pursuing the case. A photo of the petitioner with a recent newspaper or other topical item is often sufficient.

Comment

I did not have a passport.
            Originally posted by ardainia:
            Why did you wait so long?

Comment

Working...
            X