can anybody help please?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can anybody help please?

I posted the message below but nobody has replied yet: - my boy friend is receiving social security check for depression and working 25hr per wk. he wants us to marry but i think him receiving the ss check will not help me change my status from B2 to permanent resident. he suffered depression about 2 yrs ago but he is now ok . will the above problems hurt me if i apply for permanent residence? thanks

I posted the message below but nobody has replied yet: - my boy friend is receiving social security check for depression and working 25hr per wk. he wants us to marry but i think him receiving the ss check will not help me change my status from B2 to permanent resident. he suffered depression about 2 yrs ago but he is now ok . will the above problems hurt me if i apply for permanent residence? thanks

Comment

No it will not affect your immigration, but he or and a joint sponsor has to file the affidavit of support. 125% over poverty line with last 3 years tax return and current employment letter.

Comment

thank you soo much familybased. u're invited to our wedding next week

Comment

congradulations. you can visit INS website under FAQ and read the information about Affidavit of Support (I-864 form).

http://uscis.gov/graphics/index.htm

Comment

Working...
          X