Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody have an idea about Once petition approved how long the wait would be ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Does anybody have an idea about Once petition approved how long the wait would be ??

    Hi Guys,

    Doing some research on immigration laywer website, I figured it takes about 5 to 13 month for further processing and then its done? wow!!I am reliefed. I just want to make sure. these are the links I have found. Can anybody reassure me please???
    links:
    http://www.immspec.com/consular-proc...procedures.htm
    http://www.greencardlawyers.com/greencards/ConsularProc...sing.html#Benefits__

    thanks
    Sabita

  • #2
    Hi Guys,

    Doing some research on immigration laywer website, I figured it takes about 5 to 13 month for further processing and then its done? wow!!I am reliefed. I just want to make sure. these are the links I have found. Can anybody reassure me please???
    links:
    http://www.immspec.com/consular-proc...procedures.htm
    http://www.greencardlawyers.com/greencards/ConsularProc...sing.html#Benefits__

    thanks
    Sabita

    Comment


    • #3
      what do you mean by "further processing"?

      It would be safe to say everything can be completed in 5 - 13 months after the visa number becomes available. NVC part is quick, so it mostly depends on the consulate.

      Comment


      • #4
        I see where you got that:
        "The basic benefit of applying for Consular Processing is that you may become a permanent resident faster than through adjustment of status. The time frame for Consular Processing is between 5 and 13 months, after your immigrant petition is approved"

        "after your immigrant petition is approved" is misleading.

        "The NVC sends an information and forms packet (called a "Packet 3") to you when an immigrant visa number becomes available. You should receive the Packet 3 within two or three weeks after the immigrant visa number has become available..."

        but you need to know that "when an immigrant visa number becomes available" may mean 0 - 25 years after an immigrant visa petition is approved.

        "Visa number available" has no direct conection with I-130 approval.

        Comment


        • #5
          <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by aneri:
          I see where you got that:
          "The basic benefit of applying for Consular Processing is that you may become a permanent resident faster than through adjustment of status. The time frame for Consular Processing is between 5 and 13 months, after your immigrant petition is approved"

          "after your immigrant petition is approved" is misleading.

          "The NVC sends an information and forms packet (called a "Packet 3") to you when an immigrant visa number becomes available. You should receive the Packet 3 within two or three weeks after the immigrant visa number has become available..."

          but you need to know that "when an immigrant visa number becomes available" may mean 0 - 25 years after an immigrant visa petition is approved.

          "Visa number available" has no direct conection with I-130 approval. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

          Thanks Aneri
          I just don't understand why would they make these sentence too vague. When they said immigrant Petition I really thought it was Form I-130.

          Before my petition was approved by USCIS I really got confused by the priority date and cut off date .. I thought, my waiting duration is up untill one year untilli read the visa bulliten carefully.

          Comment


          • #6
            hi, just joined this forum , and I saw you are online , do you have an idea how i can post my message

            Comment


            • #7
              <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sekonlagirl:
              hi, just joined this forum , and I saw you are online , do you have an idea how i can post my message </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

              you just did but if you want to start one go to NEW -&gt; new discussion, write the title and your message

              Comment


              • #8
                Having 25 years of Consular experience with NIV, Immigrations, Passports and Citizenship matters.
                I can say that you must have an approved Petition, your date of filing is your Priority date.
                Once your date become current visa number becomes available. Most of the Consular Section keep a track of files according to priority dates, and apply for visa number one month ahead to process those a petitions in time.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thanks for your reply.
                  Yeah, that is really disapointing, if I had gone to college instead of coming back. it would have been much much better. In this case "My mistake became wrong". And I am in this point that there is no turning back. Waiting is the only option and its really painful. I haven't seen my mom since 4 yrs now. I should have rather stayed illegal or have choose any other option instead. I should not recommmend the path I have follow to anybody else.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sabita:
                    I should have rather stayed illegal or have choose any other option instead. I should not recommmend the path I have follow to anybody else. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

                    No. I don't agree with you. You have chosen the right path. Remember you do feel difficulties on the right path sometimes but it is the best path. Don't get disappointed.

                    Comment



                    Working...
                    X