Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I-130 and I-485 - I filed seperately! No big deal or big problem?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 and I-485 - I filed seperately! No big deal or big problem?

I filed my I-130 for my spouse and I-485 and I-765 on October 9, 2009. However, I filed the applications seperately, and am worried this is now going to cause problems. (I-130 and bona fide marriage evidence was sent to Chicago PO Box for Virginia residents; the I-485 and I-765 were sent to the Chicago PO Box for AOS Virginia applications.) This was how I interpreted the instructions on the forms. It is now apparent that I should have sent everything together in one package to the same P.O. Box, but it is now too late. So on October 23, 2009, I received NOA's for all (3) applications. The I-130 was accepted and $355 check was cashed. However, the I-485 and I-765 was rejected because I sent an extra check for $340 (didn't realize I-765 fee was waived when filing with the I-485). I resubmitted both the I-485 and I-765 applications WITH THE A COPY OF THE NOA FOR THE I-130, check for $1010, and a cover letter explaining that this was intended to be a concurrent filing, and that they note the I-130 receipt number. My husband is Canadian and we have submitted what we thought was correct. I have been calling the USCIS for help, without any clear answers. Please let me know if what I did with the resubmission will be sufficient for the USCIS to "Link" all (3) applications together, or what I can do at this point to get it straightened out. NOA's have been received for the I-485 and I-765, but they are in Missouri; I-130 is in California.

Please let me know what you think and whether I should just wait it out, or take some kind of action. Thank you!! --Ashley

I filed my I-130 for my spouse and I-485 and I-765 on October 9, 2009. However, I filed the applications seperately, and am worried this is now going to cause problems. (I-130 and bona fide marriage evidence was sent to Chicago PO Box for Virginia residents; the I-485 and I-765 were sent to the Chicago PO Box for AOS Virginia applications.) This was how I interpreted the instructions on the forms. It is now apparent that I should have sent everything together in one package to the same P.O. Box, but it is now too late. So on October 23, 2009, I received NOA's for all (3) applications. The I-130 was accepted and $355 check was cashed. However, the I-485 and I-765 was rejected because I sent an extra check for $340 (didn't realize I-765 fee was waived when filing with the I-485). I resubmitted both the I-485 and I-765 applications WITH THE A COPY OF THE NOA FOR THE I-130, check for $1010, and a cover letter explaining that this was intended to be a concurrent filing, and that they note the I-130 receipt number. My husband is Canadian and we have submitted what we thought was correct. I have been calling the USCIS for help, without any clear answers. Please let me know if what I did with the resubmission will be sufficient for the USCIS to "Link" all (3) applications together, or what I can do at this point to get it straightened out. NOA's have been received for the I-485 and I-765, but they are in Missouri; I-130 is in California.

Please let me know what you think and whether I should just wait it out, or take some kind of action. Thank you!! --Ashley

Comment

The second filing of the I-485 and 765 shoudl be fine because you filed it with the "NOA" or receipt notice of I-130. They should be able to link it up but it may delay the case a bit.

Comment

What kind of delay? Are we talking weeks or months? thanks for your reply.

Comment

20 years would be a good estimate.
          But you two are young, arent you?
          http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

It may delay your case by a few case or at most a month. Watch out for your husband's biometrics appointment for fingerprinting and watch to see if the second check for $1010 gets cashed. Those are usually clear signs that it's been accepted and being processed.

Comment

Got it - Are you an immigration lawyer or just really know about this stuff?

Comment

Working...
              X