Naturalization Delay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naturalization Delay

I live in New York City. I applied for U.S. citizenship in September 2003. I passed the interview in January 2005. It is now June 2007. I am still waiting for take the oath ceremony. I have been waiting for two years and five months. I have made inquiries with the USCIS several times. They told me that my case has been delayed and I can only wait and wait. I did the congressman inquiry and I wrote letters to the attorney general and district attorneys. They are all useless. This is very frustrating. I don't have any bad records. What is taking so long for the background checks? I feel I have been discriminated against. Does anybody have any advice? Please email me: dmaeiou@aol.com

I live in New York City. I applied for U.S. citizenship in September 2003. I passed the interview in January 2005. It is now June 2007. I am still waiting for take the oath ceremony. I have been waiting for two years and five months. I have made inquiries with the USCIS several times. They told me that my case has been delayed and I can only wait and wait. I did the congressman inquiry and I wrote letters to the attorney general and district attorneys. They are all useless. This is very frustrating. I don't have any bad records. What is taking so long for the background checks? I feel I have been discriminated against. Does anybody have any advice? Please email me: dmaeiou@aol.com

Comment

I dont know what to answer you as well my friend. I'm in the same bot as you are in.
      I have tryed filing case againts Homeland security and all. didnt do anything.
      i have been waiting for 3 years now.
      -Andrew

Comment

I haven't had the interview yet. Been waiting just over a year. It seems nothing can be done. I've just written a load of letters to the Senate/Congressman Immigration Committee complaining about the delay and put in a case status inquiry to the Ombudsman.

It's crazy, especially for those like you who have already had the interview, been recommended and still waiting on background checks.

I suggest we all file complaints with the Ombudsman and publicise the issue as much as possible via the media. Lets expose this "must do vital National Security" issue against the long waits which undermines the value of such checks.
        "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

Working...
        X