Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LIFE/Lulac/Legalization Questionnaire/new settlement .....AZ or anybody else please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LIFE/Lulac/Legalization Questionnaire/new settlement .....AZ or anybody else please

In order prepare for my Life/Lulac interview i requested my file from INS where i found my approval letter for legalizaion questionnaire that i sent in 2000. INS sent this letter to me on 12/2001 but returned back to ins because i moved to new address.

Now question is, what should i do with it?

And also, can anybody explain me about new settlement that was released on may 2004?

Is it better to re-apply under new seetlement?
    or

can i re-apply under new settlement since i have pending Life/Lulac application?

Thanks

In order prepare for my Life/Lulac interview i requested my file from INS where i found my approval letter for legalizaion questionnaire that i sent in 2000. INS sent this letter to me on 12/2001 but returned back to ins because i moved to new address.

Now question is, what should i do with it?

And also, can anybody explain me about new settlement that was released on may 2004?

Is it better to re-apply under new seetlement?
    or

can i re-apply under new settlement since i have pending Life/Lulac application?

Thanks

Comment

JMH,
      Do a search on this board for "CSS/LULAC" and you will find helpful discussions on this topic. Congratulations on your upcoming LIFE interview, when is it and what service center? Can you give your timeline?

Additionally, take a look at the website for the Center for Human rights at http://centerforhumanrights.org/ once there click on the "Late Amnesty" icon to the right hand side, be sure to read the frequently asked questions as it addresses most of your questions.

My suggestion to you would be to call USCIS and ask them if you can still apply for Tempory Residency based on your questionnaire approval, if yes, then do so. Next apply for the same benefit under the settlement which requires USCIS to adjudicate your application within the dictates of the settlemetent. Even though you will have three applications in the pipeline (if you can afford the cost of applying for all three), you can hope and pray that at least one of them will have less waiting time than the others. However, before you do anything talk to the people at the Center for Human Rights and get their advice - they are the experts on this issue, I'm not.

LittleOne.
      Please note that I'm not a lawyer, use this information with that knowledge.

Comment

Can you please tell us what is in the approval letter for the legalization questionnaire; did you get the approval latter from Vermont Service Center? I know a lot of people got the approval letter then.... Texas Service Center denied their cases or send it for investigation, which mean you case will be pending for another five years or longer.

Comment

LittleOne & Peteram,

Thank you for your response and sorry for replying so late!

Here Is my time line:

Applied: 6/2002
          File Transferred: 11/2002 to local office
          Moved to different city on 2/2003 and file
          was transferred.
          first Int date: 5/2004 (but took extension)
          Got another int date on 8/2004 but still could not appear because but I did not have my file from INS. Now moved to another city and waiting for another interview

PETERAM: Yes, I did get my approval letter from Vermont Service Center and it says, "You submitted credible information...a favorable determination may be reached on your questionnaire and we have determined that you have eastablished your claim."

Then they asked me to complete I-687 and send to INS, Texas Service Center., TX. along with the this approval letter.

I did try to contact Human rights center but no luck. So still not sure what should I do with it accept taking with me when i appear for interview.

I'd appriciate if any body else shed some lights on this matter.

Thanks

Thanks

Comment

If you do not like our system then get out !

Comment

Mike, you know and we know that you are overdue to get out of ILW.

Leave before we report you.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X