Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-1 student with denial notice for EAD/I-765/I-539 out of status since when?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M-1 student with denial notice for EAD/I-765/I-539 out of status since when?

My M-1 visa expired on Aug 31st 2003 and I applied for EAD/Work permit through I-765 and I-539 which was finally denied on May 10,2004

The reason given was that the new SEVIS forms were not sent.

The school had been approved by the INS between 2001-2003 during the entire programme but have yet to get approval for SEVIS system from 2003 onwards.

From what date will I be considered out of status?

From the date of the denial notice or from the date of expiry of my I-94/M-1 visa?

If the out of status phase starts from the date of expiry of student visa then what is the student expected to do after completion of studies and after he/she has sent in the application for work permit thereafter ?

The INS takes a long time to answer the application.

Is one expected to leave the country and then await the approval or disapproval in his/her own country?
    Born Free
    Living Free
    Forever Free

My M-1 visa expired on Aug 31st 2003 and I applied for EAD/Work permit through I-765 and I-539 which was finally denied on May 10,2004

The reason given was that the new SEVIS forms were not sent.

The school had been approved by the INS between 2001-2003 during the entire programme but have yet to get approval for SEVIS system from 2003 onwards.

From what date will I be considered out of status?

From the date of the denial notice or from the date of expiry of my I-94/M-1 visa?

If the out of status phase starts from the date of expiry of student visa then what is the student expected to do after completion of studies and after he/she has sent in the application for work permit thereafter ?

The INS takes a long time to answer the application.

Is one expected to leave the country and then await the approval or disapproval in his/her own country?
    Born Free
    Living Free
    Forever Free

Comment

Working...
    X