Application for Citizenship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Application for Citizenship

I will be filing my N-400 in February and would like to know if I may travel at all times during the pending application, biometrics, pending interview? My daughter is pregnant and is due in May, and I would really very much like to be with her during her delivery.

I will be filing my N-400 in February and would like to know if I may travel at all times during the pending application, biometrics, pending interview? My daughter is pregnant and is due in May, and I would really very much like to be with her during her delivery.

Comment

You may travel, but if you miss any appointments, you must start all over again.

Comment

Citizenship applications are being adjudicated fairly quickly now. You can be scheduled for interview in as little as 3 months depending on where you live. You shouldn't leave until you get your biometrics done, at the least. If you leave after that, make sure someone is checking your mail for the interview notice so that you can travel back to the U.S. for it.

The only restriction on traveling is for those who have borderline physical presence issues. Any time spent outside US up until the time of the interview counts against your physical presence requirement.

Comment

thank you so much for you input - it is going to be a close call and I will have to think very carefully on how to handle this.

Comment

Working...
          X