Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

who gave you permission to put your brats in our schools at our expense???????

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lumpydog:
        I am a Canadian who came to the US legally. I do not need to apply for any sort of visa as I can just visit the US for 6 months legally. I have been here for 2 months and have my children enrolled in school. I will have to leave by the beginning of May but would like to stay longer so my children can finish off the school year. What do I need to do to stay longer to facilitate this?
        Thank you in advance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
        You can extend your stay by filing form I-539 with the USCIS. The other option is to adjust your status depeding on the reason such as employment, school, etc.

PS. Ignore poster someone12 and sundevilusa.
        "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Someone12:
          who gave you permission to put your brats in our schools at our expense??????? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
          So much for the IQ being above 140. Listen, no one needs permission to have children go to school irregardless of their immigration status. In 1982, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled 5 to 4 that undocumented immigrant children are entitled to free public education not to mention that legal resident children are too.
          "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Hudson: The opposite of "legal" is illegal...not "undocumented."

In any event, while all children are entitled to K-through-12 education, regardless of their immigration status...it is still a burden on American taxpayers that they are entitled to resent for those who are not supposed to be in the country, or those who are in the country on a tourist visa.

Comment

and this Canadian $hitheel is scamming undeserved benefits from American taxpayers....so blow it out your canuck behind....and hudson, if you are so supportive, why not pay for his brats' education???
              and lumpycanuck,,,,where would you like to meet? You should hope that your medical insurance is paid up.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">lumpycanuck,,,,where would you like to meet? You should hope that your medical insurance is paid up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Someone12 Please note that you are threatening Lumpydog. Threatening some one is a serious offence. Please consult your lawyer before you write such remarks in future.

Comment

what threat? I said where would he like to meet and expressed concern that his medical insurance needs to be current ....where is the threat?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SunDevilUSA:
                    Hudson: The opposite of "legal" is illegal...not "undocumented."

In any event, while all children are entitled to K-through-12 education, regardless of their immigration status...it is still a burden on American taxpayers that they are entitled to resent for those who are not supposed to be in the country, or those who are in the country on a tourist visa. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                    With elementary and secondary education, it is moot on whether the student is legal, illegal, or a USC. Keep in mind that the law is the law is the law. If you don't like it, move back to your country of origin.
                    操你祖宗十八代

But the burdens on public education do not come from undocumented or even legal immigrants, but come from parents not involved directly with their child's educaton, teacher unions who are more concerned about pay raises for below average teachers than hiring top quality teachers irregardless of country of origin, and the public administrators who ask for mone money but never spend it wisely. Why do you think US public education is lagging so far behind Asia and Europe.

Comment

Since when are "6 month children school enrollments" part of anyone's "vacation?"

Comment

yes that is a threat,thanks to all who have helped,sorry to all that someone guy is a bully,bet his first name is jack.god bless

Comment

Hudson: The term "undocumented" is simply politically-correct nonsense...the correct term is illegal.

Dmartmar: I agree with you that enrolling children in school is a complete misuse of a tourist visa, and - by definition - is NOT a vacation. In fact, by enrolling children in school, you have most likely broken the terms of your stay in America. If USCIS is aware of this, perhaps Lumpydog is enjoying his last...er, "visit" to the United States.

Comment

Hudson: I'm not sure where you get your information regarding Asian and European educational systems being better that those in America. My experience is that most countries in Asia and Europe have problematic educational systems that don't prepare their students well.

And American education must be sooo bad that a Canadian is willing to bring his kids on "vacation" so as to scam a free American education at the American taxpayers' expense.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> In fact, by enrolling children in school, you have most likely broken the terms of your stay in America. If USCIS is aware of this, perhaps Lumpydog is enjoying his last...er, "visit" to the United States. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I feel like doing an act of patriotism today.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation