Approval notice for I130

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Approval notice for I130

If you have not filed I485 and I130 was approved, do you need to file for Employment Authorization or it is null and void if you get green card? Can you apply for your parents to adjust status if they are already in the country and how long does that take? Thanks in advance for all your help.

If you have not filed I485 and I130 was approved, do you need to file for Employment Authorization or it is null and void if you get green card? Can you apply for your parents to adjust status if they are already in the country and how long does that take? Thanks in advance for all your help.

Comment

Vanga,

Click here for information regarding your parents.

Sorry, but I don't know the answer to your other question, but I'm sure there are others here who do. Good luck!

Comment

Vanga

You will have to be more specific with details for accurate answer

Plesae give details

You say i-130 is approved.

is this petition for relative by usc spouse or other family member.

are you in the usa currently?

etc. etc.

who is you when asking about applying for parents who are in the usa . is this person a usc or lpr?

general questions the way you have asked without details or circumstances cannot be given an accurate response.

Comment

My friend's son was married to a US citizen last year. They submitted the I130, I485 and employment authorization but were advised to withdraw the AOS and EA and they did. The I130 was approved after interview and request for more info for bona fide marriage. They were told they now have to apply for AOS and pay more fees since they withdrew the AOS application and EA. From what I have read from this site there is an immediate visa number available so the next step would be that he gets a green card. Does he need to submit the EA again with the AOS?

His parents are undocumented, can he apply for them when he gets the green card or does he need to wait until he get his citizenship? I hope this is clearer, thank you for your willingness to help.

Comment

Hello vanga

ok. you have given some info, but not enough. we will try for a little more.

ok It sounds like he is illegal. is that correct?

did he come here on a valid visa when he came or
            did he sneak into the country across the mexican border? it makes a difference and I suspect the latter.

How old is he? if he is over 19, then how long has he been an illegal

Once he himself can become legal, then he can petition for relatives once he becomes a us citizen.

right now.. the concern is makeing him legal.

what country is he from ?

ok. that should be enough info when you answer those questions.
            You say his parents are here undocumented

Comment

Hi 4now:
              He overstayed his visa and so did his parents.

Comment

Hello Vanga

thank you for the info.

first to advise you.. His parents are not undocumented if they came to usa with valid visa as you said. they are overstays, and so is the son.

I cannot imagine what incompetent person advised the couple to withdraw the 485 and 765

Overstay of visa and illegal working is forgiven by government when overstay marries a united states citizen. it will not be held against them to adjust status for conditional/ permanent residence.

the entire package of i-130, 1-485, i-765, 325A biological info for each spouse, i-693 medical and i-864 affidavit of support from usc spouse as sponser and co sponser if needed to meet income requirements.

Documentation of the marriage , wedding pictures, letters from friends and family, joint leases, joint fiancials, etc. should have been submitted at teh same time.

An interview would have been scheduled at the local uscis office for the applications to be adjudicated to be approved or denied.

Am juust curious as who told them to withdraw all but the i-130. please dont tell me a lawyer because that will just make me sick.

What kind of documentation was sent with the package that uscis had to ask for more information of bonafide marriage?

yes you will have to pay the fees all over again. You should get teh person that told you to withdraw the apps to pay the new fees.

Another thing, his parents are in jeopardy now if he listed thier address on the applications. it will mean that uscis will know their location, and they can be picked up. make sure he does not disclose the location of his parents.

he will be able to petition for parents when he becomes usc. he can apply for citizenship based on 3 years of marriage to usc. (use date on conditional greencard)

Comment

Working...
                X