self supporting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• self supporting?

We are semi retired and have sufficient capital to purchase a home outright and our service and occupational pensions can be drawn anywhere in the world. I am ex-army and my wife is a Psychiatric Nurse (but lower grade than RN) I am 45 and she 10 years older.

We both have B2 tourist visas and have made 9 visits already. We want to buy a property in Virginia where our friends live. We'd love to become US citizens but that's probably out of the question. I have a US checking account and have been given a Tax ID number.

I a lot of people who are retired and have purchased holiday homes in the US; I was wondering if you knew what the INS view is of people in our position i.e. not requiring to work but to be able to travel freely between the UK and US to stay for long periods? We do not want to break any laws.

We are semi retired and have sufficient capital to purchase a home outright and our service and occupational pensions can be drawn anywhere in the world. I am ex-army and my wife is a Psychiatric Nurse (but lower grade than RN) I am 45 and she 10 years older.

We both have B2 tourist visas and have made 9 visits already. We want to buy a property in Virginia where our friends live. We'd love to become US citizens but that's probably out of the question. I have a US checking account and have been given a Tax ID number.

I a lot of people who are retired and have purchased holiday homes in the US; I was wondering if you knew what the INS view is of people in our position i.e. not requiring to work but to be able to travel freely between the UK and US to stay for long periods? We do not want to break any laws.

Comment

being from the UK, you don't need Visas. You can come in on the visa waiver program. It's only good for 90 days at a time but you can pretty much come over as much as you want.

Comment

Working...
      X