Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I go out of USA for long after filling N400?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I go out of USA for long after filling N400?

Hi:

I stayed continously (5 years) after GC in the USA. Actually was out of USA for only about 58 days combined in 3 occasions. Now I filed for N400. I need to go to my country to settle some inherited property which could take me upto a year. Of course, I can come to the USA for interview. My wife also want to go with me meaning that we may have to leave our apartment. Now, my question is can I now go out of the USA for long after filling for N400? Do I need to get renetry permit? Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi:

I stayed continously (5 years) after GC in the USA. Actually was out of USA for only about 58 days combined in 3 occasions. Now I filed for N400. I need to go to my country to settle some inherited property which could take me upto a year. Of course, I can come to the USA for interview. My wife also want to go with me meaning that we may have to leave our apartment. Now, my question is can I now go out of the USA for long after filling for N400? Do I need to get renetry permit? Any suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comment

I would not advise this...as they will ask you if you have been outside of the country for more than a year. I would try and see if there is a shorter period of time you could go for.

Comment

I do not know if I have to be out for more than a year. What if I come back within a year and then go again (in case of more than a year stay)?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X