Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Immigratin Law Question: which state should I apply for N-400?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigratin Law Question: which state should I apply for N-400?

I am trying to apply for naturalization but I moved to my current state of residence a month ago? my question is should I send my application to current local service center or to previous state?

Thanks

Originally posted by kari81:
    I am trying to apply for naturalization but I moved to my current state of residence a month ago? my question is should I send my application to current local service center or to previous state?

Thanks
    The best advice for you to do is wait until you become a residnet in the state you are in, assuming this is a permenant move. Make sure you also file the form AR-11 within the ten days after your move is permenant.

Depending on the state will depend on how long you have to wait, generally. This includes changing your DL, filing for any homestead exemption, etc. In most states, this is a short time, like a month or two.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Hudson,
      Thanks very much for insightful reply. First of all this is a permanent move. I have also change my address with USCIS-AR11. I have signed a lease in my new state but I'm yet to change my DL. actually I am trying to apply early July if that is possible. once again, thanks very much

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation