Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Documents.. "fake"

Hey guys, i got some questions...

we have all heard about people getting "valid" ids using someone elses real documents...
    ID theft

how come nobody knows (gov agencies) when someone gets a passport with someone else birth certificate-ssn ??

does this mean that if the afected person dont ever try to get a passport... the one who fake his id would never be cought?

the same happen to drivers licences...
    they ask for your SSN, you can give a wrong one... nobody knows! what do they ask for it if they dont match the infromation...??

isnt that ridiculous???

BTW, my wife is applying for a passport.. why do they ask for SSN? what does the IRS has to do with anything if you have proof of your citizenship by showing birth certificate?
    (my wife is USC by birth)
    I believe if you dont tell you SSN for a passport they give you a 500 fine... why?

do they check report you credit before issuing a passport...?

If you have bad credit... they wont issue a passport ?? (hope is not the case, cuz my wife has really bad credit, even tho everything is paid-off still showing)

does that mean that when you apply for a passport it reduces your credit score? (or shows as "credit checked by "Department of State, Passport agency"???

thank you,

Hey guys, i got some questions...

we have all heard about people getting "valid" ids using someone elses real documents...
    ID theft

how come nobody knows (gov agencies) when someone gets a passport with someone else birth certificate-ssn ??

does this mean that if the afected person dont ever try to get a passport... the one who fake his id would never be cought?

the same happen to drivers licences...
    they ask for your SSN, you can give a wrong one... nobody knows! what do they ask for it if they dont match the infromation...??

isnt that ridiculous???

BTW, my wife is applying for a passport.. why do they ask for SSN? what does the IRS has to do with anything if you have proof of your citizenship by showing birth certificate?
    (my wife is USC by birth)
    I believe if you dont tell you SSN for a passport they give you a 500 fine... why?

do they check report you credit before issuing a passport...?

If you have bad credit... they wont issue a passport ?? (hope is not the case, cuz my wife has really bad credit, even tho everything is paid-off still showing)

does that mean that when you apply for a passport it reduces your credit score? (or shows as "credit checked by "Department of State, Passport agency"???

thank you,

Comment

No they do not check your credit,it is used as an ID # for your passport. And depending on the sate you are in, when you apply for a drivers license they ask to see the ss card, though they do not show it on the DL.

Comment

S.S. # is used for many reasons, not only for IRS purposes. I read a post a while back that said they were cross checking social security numbers with names when people applied for driver's licenses ( and maybe database of already issued licenses?) That may only be in certain states.

Comment

yes they *do* know a lot of information and check things.

But for security purposes, it's obvously not going to be made public what they do know or check.

-= nav =-

Comment

One more reason why they ask for your SSN:
            They cross check you with the Deadbeat Dad (and Mom) List. Individuals who owe over $5,000 in child support are ineligible to receive a US passport.
            You gots to pay fo' yo' sho'ties.

Comment

Wow, I didn't know that, that's great.

Comment

Well...
                thanks for your answers...

however, i just dont seem to figure out how would they found out!

moondin
                yeah, i do know they might check a lot of things.. if information is not acurate it will raise a flag, i know that.
                But

If the information is accurate since
                -Birth certificate is an original one
                -SSN matches Name
                -the REAL individual never tries to get a passport

How would they know?

Do you know what im saying...?

Yeah, using it for Child Support issues its great, they should be able to take care of their family before trying to go on a trip!

But what if the person applying for a passport does not owe any child support?

==============================

In the case of driving licesnses..
                im not sure if this is true all over but this is what i've found out so far

When you apply for a DL
                they do need a valid ID and a SSN, but

i've never heard of anyone getting a letter/call from DMV saying "your ssn does not match you name"
                And no-one can tell me everyone with a drivers license wrote their actual SSN, some people even write the wrong SSN when applying for a job!!!
                (some by mistake, some other not)

Thats why i dont get it...
                why ask for it, if they dont really use it (but for filling out form purposes)

thank you again guys,

Comment

"i've never heard of anyone getting a letter/call from DMV saying "your ssn does not match you name"

I've never heard of that either. Maybe whoever posted what I remember reading will see this and respond as I can't seem to find anything using the search feature anymore. If I remember correctly the person was told at the time that number didn't match, they weren't sent a letter.

Comment

You try and get US Passport by means of "Fraud" and you will get BUSTED ! Dont try it some1mex

Comment

For a passport you need a photo and a signature. (And I forsee sometime in the near future the requirement of a fingerprint!)

How can you be so sure that the original holder of the USC identity would never want a passport? They might say they don't, but unless they are like 80 years old, then you can't be so sure.

Then there is also the issue of death. What if the USC dies, this information is registered, you use the passport and when entering they see that the "real" usc is supposedly dead.

A lot of changes are being made in this area... it really isn't worth the risk.

If a person is caught using the passport of a USC, they will be permanently barred from the USA with no chance for any waiver. (Depending on the cirucumstances, I believe that jail time may also be involved!)

Therefore, any person that wants to get involved in something like this would really have to ask themselves if it is worth the risk.

Comment

i don't know the purpose of this thread. *why* do you want to know what they check and what they don't check. If you're a USC, go get a passport and be done with it. Why are you worried about it?

-= nav =-

Comment

moondin

I am not USC

Comment

he's Mexican who became illegal after overstaying....prolly married a USC. Spouse is applying for a passport, he studies her application, and now is trying to use reverse phsycology from board members in order to obtain a passport via FRAUD. Typical scam-artist.

Comment

why someone born on US soil ... USC by birth would want to use fake SSN and other stuff to get a passport...?

well if fake person is lucky ...he might never get caught...chances r pretty slim though in this country.... they might be caught any time... they live with time-bomb in their pocket once they r caught and BINGO...

Comment

Working...
                              X