FELON WISHES DEPORTATION

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FELON WISHES DEPORTATION

Good Day! My son was convicted of rape, and has been incarcerated in NY since 1991. He did not have legal status at the time (although I have since become a citizen (1997). His parole hearing comes up next month (March), and the understanding is that after serving two-thirds (14-years) of his time, he would be eligiglbe for parole. His desire however, is to return to our country of origin (Liberia, West Africa). The question is -- What he is to expect while in INS custody. After such lengthy jail time, he does not want to be detained INDEFINITELY at INS. What is the proceedure? Thanks.

Good Day! My son was convicted of rape, and has been incarcerated in NY since 1991. He did not have legal status at the time (although I have since become a citizen (1997). His parole hearing comes up next month (March), and the understanding is that after serving two-thirds (14-years) of his time, he would be eligiglbe for parole. His desire however, is to return to our country of origin (Liberia, West Africa). The question is -- What he is to expect while in INS custody. After such lengthy jail time, he does not want to be detained INDEFINITELY at INS. What is the proceedure? Thanks.

Comment

He won't be detained "indefinitely". If he has valid travel documents he can be on the plane the next day after CIS picks him up. Only delay would be to obtain travel docs.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
      X