Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FRAUDULANT GREENCARD WIFE MAKING OFF WITH INHERITANCE OF USC'S KIDS.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FRAUDULANT GREENCARD WIFE MAKING OFF WITH INHERITANCE OF USC'S KIDS.

Okay, this post will seem to support any anti-immigrant posts here, but marriage fraud does happen, often with the USC's full cooperation for one reason or another, usually money reward but there are other factors, sometimes. Here's what's happened to a friend of mine and he doesn't know what he can do about it at this point. Maybe you all can suggest something. My friend and his two sisters are adult children of a USC who imprudently entered into a greencard marriage with an Iranian woman as a favor to one of the USCs friends who lived in the U.S. but didn't have citizenship here so he couldn't marry the Iranian himself and keep her here (foriegn pal and the Iranian have since broken up so he's longer in the picture, but sure is). Admittedly, the USC who married her showed awful, misguided judgement in trying to "help" a friend, and he got nothing from the arrangement in terms of money reward, but did wind up claiming her on his taxes as a dependent, even though she soon moved to Florida once her AOS came through. Long story short, the USC, a pilot, died in a plane crash without leaving a will, so the Iranian woman is technically still his wife and widow, entitled to his property, funds, insurance, social security and so forth. At first, my friend and his sisters talked her into signing off on the house, the property, and some other stuff, but at some point someone advised her not to sign off on anything else so she can get his social security (which needs to go to the USC's dependent little grandson), and the large life insurance settlement that is still in dispute and hasn't been paid out yet because she won't sign off on the insurance forms until my friend and his sisters use the estate money to pay off her ten grand debts. She's threatening to wreck the insurance claim so no one gets any of it, unless my friend and sisters pay off her debts and she wants the estate to pay for free healthcare for the rest of her life(which is a no go, the settlement's not THAT big). At this point, you are probably thinking, tough!, the USC was really dumb and this is his fault. You'd be right, but the kids are the ones who are paying for it, and they had nothing to do with the whole scheme. They don't trust her word, she doesn't trust them, so it's a stalemate. My friend has been through a lot, and he's wondering if she carries through her threat to wreck the insurance claim, what can he do to see she doesn't profit anymore from his father's death, like who does he contact with any evidence or accusation that she committed greencard marriage fraud? Of course, the USC did, too, but he's dead and they can't exactly put him in jail at this point. I know this is a wacky case, but any ideas out there to help my friend get this woman from getting citizenship if she's determined to be a complete rat? Thanks, I know we'll get some great replies, and a few vitriolic ones.

Okay, this post will seem to support any anti-immigrant posts here, but marriage fraud does happen, often with the USC's full cooperation for one reason or another, usually money reward but there are other factors, sometimes. Here's what's happened to a friend of mine and he doesn't know what he can do about it at this point. Maybe you all can suggest something. My friend and his two sisters are adult children of a USC who imprudently entered into a greencard marriage with an Iranian woman as a favor to one of the USCs friends who lived in the U.S. but didn't have citizenship here so he couldn't marry the Iranian himself and keep her here (foriegn pal and the Iranian have since broken up so he's longer in the picture, but sure is). Admittedly, the USC who married her showed awful, misguided judgement in trying to "help" a friend, and he got nothing from the arrangement in terms of money reward, but did wind up claiming her on his taxes as a dependent, even though she soon moved to Florida once her AOS came through. Long story short, the USC, a pilot, died in a plane crash without leaving a will, so the Iranian woman is technically still his wife and widow, entitled to his property, funds, insurance, social security and so forth. At first, my friend and his sisters talked her into signing off on the house, the property, and some other stuff, but at some point someone advised her not to sign off on anything else so she can get his social security (which needs to go to the USC's dependent little grandson), and the large life insurance settlement that is still in dispute and hasn't been paid out yet because she won't sign off on the insurance forms until my friend and his sisters use the estate money to pay off her ten grand debts. She's threatening to wreck the insurance claim so no one gets any of it, unless my friend and sisters pay off her debts and she wants the estate to pay for free healthcare for the rest of her life(which is a no go, the settlement's not THAT big). At this point, you are probably thinking, tough!, the USC was really dumb and this is his fault. You'd be right, but the kids are the ones who are paying for it, and they had nothing to do with the whole scheme. They don't trust her word, she doesn't trust them, so it's a stalemate. My friend has been through a lot, and he's wondering if she carries through her threat to wreck the insurance claim, what can he do to see she doesn't profit anymore from his father's death, like who does he contact with any evidence or accusation that she committed greencard marriage fraud? Of course, the USC did, too, but he's dead and they can't exactly put him in jail at this point. I know this is a wacky case, but any ideas out there to help my friend get this woman from getting citizenship if she's determined to be a complete rat? Thanks, I know we'll get some great replies, and a few vitriolic ones.

Comment

They are screwed; I dount there is anything they can do about it. She is technically and legally his wife. An excellent reason for a USC not to get involved in a sham marriage

Comment

IT MIGHT TURN INTO A STICKY SITUATION IF THEY ACCUSE HER OF GREENCARD FRAUD. IF THEY KNEW ABOUT IT ALL ALONG AND FAILED TO REPORT IT, THEY COULD GET INTO TROUBLE FOR "AIDING AND ABETTING AND ILLEGAL ALIEN". THIER CLAIMS COULD ALSO GET BLOWN OFF AS SOME JEALOUS KIDS' FALSE ACCUSATIONS OF THIER "WICKED" FOREIGN STEPMOTHER.
        Have a nice day

Comment

Oh well. Besides, why were the kids depending on an inheritance instead of going out and earning a living for themselves? No one should "need" the money it should be an added bonus.

Comment

The kids can survive on their own income, it was more a matter of the Greencard wife getting greedy and deliberately screwing the estate to profit of the death of a man who did her a huge, albeit wrong-headed, favor with nothing in it for himself that has my friend gnashing his teeth. If nothing else, she is trying to blackmail them, which is also illegal, and the only reason she's waiting to sign to get the insurance claim is to get her US citizenship first, so they can't try and wreck her chances. I wonder if trying to document the blackmail might be a better way to go than them telling on her to the INS. If she's brought up on charges or convicted of anything prior to her case review, might that injure her chances at becoming a U.S. citizen??

Comment

if she was convicted yes

Comment

Once again -- another situation of relatives trying to use immigration as a way of revenge, and getting "back" at someone.

Give it up. INS doesn't care. She went through the "system" got her approval and gc, and they're done with her as far as they're concerned.

Don't waste your time. And if she's already a USC -- you'll have a snowball's chance of doing anything to her now.

Wanna get back at her? Go fight her in court with a lawyer. The AMERICAN way.

The INS doesn't give a hoot about "family drama".

-= nav =-

Comment

thats a messed up situation ...but thats what happen when you try to get over on immigration .....i'm sure there were other ways they could have went about getting her here ...to bad he went the wrong way ....they should have thought about that before they entered into fraud ......they are just gonna have to live with the consiquences or they all go to jail for immigration fraud

Comment

Heh, one of the many times I saw the system punish the wrong person. From financial perspective, can't say I blame the Iranian lady though. She saw a gold mine and acted on it promptly. The childrens are lucky to even got the house and some property off her before she wises up.
                    Like Moodin said, this is something thats definitely requires the intervention of lawyers.

Comment

What if kids can prove , this was a fraudulent marriage for GC and they got to know abt it after their dad's death ? or may be they were threaten by dad so they couldn't do a thing abt it ? technically person who betrayed US Government is dead ... she might get deported and lose all privileges ...but u need to consult a good lawyer ...

Comment

I don't see how she can get his Social Security. I think you have to be 65 to get Widows benefits.
                        Sweet Madame Belu

Comment

That is correct Jo.... She has tobe 65 before she gets it

Comment

I thought so, because I tried to get them from my first husband and they told me I had to be 65, plus my mom didn't get her's till she reached 65.
                            Sweet Madame Belu

Comment

yep...same thing is with my mom-in-law

Comment

Working...
                              X