No announcement yet.

Immigration Law Question: Citizen parents with Green Card child returning to US

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigration Law Question: Citizen parents with Green Card child returning to US

Hello all,

I have two questions that I hope some of you might be able to help me answer:

1. My wife and I are naturalized US Citizens. I understood that my 10 year old son, who was born in Canada and has a Green Card, is now by default a US citizen as well. Is this a correct statment?

2. My family is returning to the US after spending 18 months overseas. We had gone to take care of my father who had suffered a stroke. We haven't yet applied for a Citizenship Certificate for my son. Will he have problems re-entering the US?

Thanks in advance for any insights and/or helpful tips.
    Spider24

Hello all,

I have two questions that I hope some of you might be able to help me answer:

1. My wife and I are naturalized US Citizens. I understood that my 10 year old son, who was born in Canada and has a Green Card, is now by default a US citizen as well. Is this a correct statment?

2. My family is returning to the US after spending 18 months overseas. We had gone to take care of my father who had suffered a stroke. We haven't yet applied for a Citizenship Certificate for my son. Will he have problems re-entering the US?

Thanks in advance for any insights and/or helpful tips.
    Spider24

Comment

I don't think you might be having any problem for baby's Us citizen as you and your wife are naturalized US citizen.
      excessive sweating

Comment

There may be a problem, since you appeared to have left soon after naturalization. They will review your travel records for fraud in your citizenship application.

Comment

Working...
        X