• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• medical certifications for AOS applicants

i copied the information below from the website:
    http://www.ramcheerath.com/immig_new...=689&IntPage=3

"
    January 26 2004
    USCIS Extends Medical Certifications For Some Adjustment Of Status Applicants

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has issued a memorandum that extends the validity of civil surgeon endorsements on Form I-693 for some adjustment of status applicants. Due to a continuing backlog of applications for adjustment of status, the USCIS has extended the validity of this endorsement, when filed along with Form I-485, until January 1, 2005. This extension does not apply to any individual certified with a Class A or Class B medical condition.

These civil surgeon endorsements are typically valid for a period of one year. However, it appears that some adjustment of status applications remain pending for periods longer than one year. This extension, valid until January 1, 2005, is an attempt to address this situation.

The majority of applicants for adjustment of status are required by the USCIS to have a medical examination. This examination must be conducted by a civil surgeon, designated by the USCIS for this role. Form I-693, the Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status, is utilized to document this examination. "

i copied the information below from the website:
    http://www.ramcheerath.com/immig_new...=689&IntPage=3

"
    January 26 2004
    USCIS Extends Medical Certifications For Some Adjustment Of Status Applicants

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has issued a memorandum that extends the validity of civil surgeon endorsements on Form I-693 for some adjustment of status applicants. Due to a continuing backlog of applications for adjustment of status, the USCIS has extended the validity of this endorsement, when filed along with Form I-485, until January 1, 2005. This extension does not apply to any individual certified with a Class A or Class B medical condition.

These civil surgeon endorsements are typically valid for a period of one year. However, it appears that some adjustment of status applications remain pending for periods longer than one year. This extension, valid until January 1, 2005, is an attempt to address this situation.

The majority of applicants for adjustment of status are required by the USCIS to have a medical examination. This examination must be conducted by a civil surgeon, designated by the USCIS for this role. Form I-693, the Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status, is utilized to document this examination. "

Comment

Working...
    X