URGENT REPLY PLEASE - CSPA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT REPLY PLEASE - CSPA

I am 19 currently, and my parents are green card holders. I had a few queries regarding the CSPA. If my parents file a petition for me now, and my visa number is alotted when im 23 , would my age now or the age when i get the visa be considered for preference purposes, would i be eligible for the visa then.

Secondly, How does processing time affect my age.
    For ex. if my parent files from vermont where they are processing applications received in 2002, as compared to california where they are processing applications received in 2004 dec., would my age be reduced in any way due to the delay in the processing.

3rdly- Is the date of the petition , the date when my parents submit the application form or the date when it is accepted or approved . What i want to know is that if the priority status for petitioners of 2001 is current now, does that mean their application was submitted in 2001 or was it approved in 2001.

Lastly. please provide me with ne suggestions in this regard.

I am 19 currently, and my parents are green card holders. I had a few queries regarding the CSPA. If my parents file a petition for me now, and my visa number is alotted when im 23 , would my age now or the age when i get the visa be considered for preference purposes, would i be eligible for the visa then.

Secondly, How does processing time affect my age.
    For ex. if my parent files from vermont where they are processing applications received in 2002, as compared to california where they are processing applications received in 2004 dec., would my age be reduced in any way due to the delay in the processing.

3rdly- Is the date of the petition , the date when my parents submit the application form or the date when it is accepted or approved . What i want to know is that if the priority status for petitioners of 2001 is current now, does that mean their application was submitted in 2001 or was it approved in 2001.

Lastly. please provide me with ne suggestions in this regard.

Comment

You said that your parents are LPR (holding Green Card), Then what is your Status?

Comment

Hi thanks for replying.
        I am still a foreign national. Not a PR or nething. My parents just got their immigration through my brother who is a US citizen.
        I'd be glad if you could give me some advice on the matter.

Comment

I am want info on 2 cases.
          1- My parents who are PRs. if they petition for me when im 19, and it gets approved when im 22 and then the priority date becomes current when im 23, wat would my age be according to the CSPA.(vermont center)
          2- My parents file whne im 19, it gets accepted when im 20 and priority is available when im 23, wat would my age be,(cali center)

Is there ne benefit in either of the 2 ways.

Comment

You did not answer the question from Dastur>

Green Card Holders are also foreing Nationals, they only have legal right to live and work in the United States.
            Unless they become a Naturalization US Citizens.

I understand that you are a foreign national but what is your Citizenship and what country's passport will be used to Enter the United States?

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I an a national of India. My parents 2, but they are also PRs, and immigrated through my bro who is a US citizen.

Also does nationality play a part in the CSPA?

Comment

What part of India are you?

Yes CSPA do play her part in this game of Immigrattion.

Comment

I am from central India , the state of MP.
                  If possible could you please answer my queries now. I have already provided all relavent information about myself.
                  My question again.

I am want info on 2 cases.
                  1- My parents who are PRs. if they petition for me when im 19, and it gets approved when im 22 and then the priority date becomes current when im 23, wat would my age be according to the CSPA.(vermont center)
                  2- My parents file whne im 19, it gets accepted when im 20 and priority is available when im 23, wat would my age be,(cali center)

Is there ne benefit in either of the 2 ways.

Comment

When your brother filed a I-130, he should have included all children under the age of 21 years will accompany the parents. In doing so the visa number would have been availabe to all those children , and they would have come with the parents.
                    Your parents should file for all children if posible, by the time they become citizen your petition will be in line, and it can be upgraded
                    the time line we are talking about 6 yaers.
                    Let see what others had to say in this case.

Comment

I am pretty sure that you cant do nething like that. My parents will have to file a separate petition for me. There was no way that i could have been added with them

If you do not have the correct information, then do not pass it to others.
                      I am only looking for legitimate info.

Comment

Asif: you are mistaken no one can do any thing for you unless you try to find out and look into the BCIS/USCIS. Why don't you see the instructions on I-130.
                        I think you are well off in Canada, educate your self by then your visa number will be available.

Comment

You are a foreign national, hope not Foreign Diplomat.
                          Let your parents file I-130 for you and then you start working on your education and try to get some kind of job in Canada.
                          Well if you know that much about the Immigration laws of the United States then what are you doing here. Get out of the board.

Comment

I dont have complete information, and thats what im looking for.
                            I am not askin you for career advice or counselling, you can leave that to me.
                            What i am looking for is proper interpretation of the CSPA, or some legal advice on it.
                            I am not interested in your personal views.

Comment

Hi

The CSPA is very complicated and therefore you need a good lawyer. Even some lawyers are struggling with this act and as yet there is still no final determination of this law.

Most of us are only lay people with opinions and cannot be taken as legal advise

Do some research of your own so that you at least have an inseight into this law and can then ask your lawyer questions

Go to Yahoo (or google)and type in either CSPA or Child Statust protection act

Also go to www.immigration.com on the home page (right hand side) you can click on updates for CSPA

I am not trying to be unhelpful as my own son is cspa case but I do not know the answer to your questions

If you need a good lawyer let me know as mine is up on this act

Comment

Working...
                              X