Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASYLUM

Hi,
    I am an asylum derivative due to my dad, and i'm already 21...
    He didnt ask my permission before getting me into this status...I wanna get out of it...what do i do?

Hi,
    I am an asylum derivative due to my dad, and i'm already 21...
    He didnt ask my permission before getting me into this status...I wanna get out of it...what do i do?

Comment

When you say "He didnt ask my permission before getting me into this status...I wanna get out of it" you sound as though you think the asylum status is unwarranted or beneath you. You could go back to the country you came from and this will automatically cancel your asylee status as there would no longer be a sound basis for fear of persecution. You can then apply for a visitor visa or permanent residency like everyone elses.

Or you can stop acting like an ungrateful little snot and thank your father for getting you of the h.ell hole you came from.

Comment

How do you plan on becoming legal prettyleleanor?

Comment

Simple, she's not. She's going back to her own country.

Comment

Hi Guys,
            Sorry for not expressing myself more eaborately...here we go!
            Firstly, i'm still in my country. Moreover, my dad petitioned for me when i was still a minor. But then, today, the embassy is calling for me to get the Visa, but i'm already a major...I have a good job in my country, and have already started my life here...with my job, pay slips and my bank statement, i can go to any country i want...so i do not want to keep the asylum status, and i think i'm big enough to decide...
            Sugarpuff, I dont know u, but there's one advice i'll give u! 'there's nothing like a big ego'...
            Anyway, I called the USA embassy, and i got the advice i want...
            THANKS TO YOU ALL FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE!
            Eleanor.

Comment

I have a good job in my country, and have already started my life here...with my job, pay slips and my bank statement, i can go to any country i want...

Talk about big ego.

Asylum is supposed to be for the oppressd. You sound about as oppressed as a kid who lives on the upper west side. Either your a liar or your dad is a liar. Either way I hope the embassy finds out.

Comment

You seem not to know why people file in for asylum...
                one of the reasons could be political problems...and thats what he faced (even a minister can face it)!
                Anyway...i didnt say it to make u tremble...i said it as part of the explanation to my problem...moreover, tu est interdit de me repondre encors!

Comment

Do you even have a basic understanding of how the consulate thinks? A consular officer will have to determine if your fathers claim of "political problems" is legitimate and indeed puts him in an oppressive position that warrants "protection" from the U.S in the form of asylee status. They may wonder why these "problems" did not extend to his immediate family. By canceling your petition you are almost guaranteeing that your fathers petition will be denied.

Your so self absorbed you probably don't even understand this though.

Comment

As an adult, living a separate life from her Father, would that not make a difference in how her Father's case is regarded if she withdraws herself from the claim? If he is politically repressed, in danger, or whatever, it doesn't necessarily extend to her, does it?

Comment

Not necessarily. If the point was to prove a presence of oppression or danger to a person who assumed the applicant was telling the truth he might even have a "good" argument.

HOWEVER. You are talking about consular officers. It is there job to assume every applicant is lying. Why else would you have to prove you DON'T have an intent to immigrante?

Her fathers application is substantially weakend not so much by the fact that the daughter is not included BUT that she removed herself from the application.

Comment

Thanks Spring...
                        Thanks guys...Like i told u; I found a solution to my issue already. And this is the last time i'm writting in this place...
                        BYE FOREVER...
                        Sugarpuff, how much does this forum pay u for giving stupid solutions to people's problems?

Comment

I have a good job in my country, and have already started my life here...with my job, pay slips and my bank statement, i can go to any country i want...

Talk about big ego.

Asylum is supposed to be for the oppressd. You sound about as oppressed as a kid who lives on the upper west side. Either your a liar or your dad is a liar. Either way I hope the embassy finds out.
                          Sugarpuff,

No, she does not have a big ego. She is just a proud citizen of her country who has achieved something in her life, is aware of her accomplishments and is quite content with her life in her native land.

You know, I have noticed that this discussion board is infested with people who, being immigrants themselves, are nevertheless very anti-immigrant in their comments with incessant denunciations of someone else's "unlawful" behavior etc. And yet when once in a while someone comes along line PrettyEleanor here who tells you all to "shove" your greencards and your life in America, you respond as if you are offended by that notion! All I see in that reaction is a hidden inferiority complex of an immigrant who is actually envious of those who succeed in having a good life at home without trading it for a questionable illusion that is "American dream". It is as if you can not imagine that life in another country can be prosperous and happy enough for someone to actually dread the boring routine of everyday existence of an immigrant in America.

Just to expand you horizons, Sugarpuff, let me educate you a bit on that: yes, that is possible! When I worked in the states I often found myself counting every cent and patiently waiting for the pitiful two weeks of vacation – all that you typically get in the US – and even those you can never take at the same time. Now I work overseas, vacation at least a month each year in nice resorts and can easily afford to fly to the US for two-three days for a shopping trip which I often do. (US does have the best shopping – I give you that!)

You know it is quite natural for people to want to live in their native countries among their fellow citizens rather than to drag the pitiful existence of a stranger in a strange land.
                          So, let them be. We don't need your aggression and whining. Share those with your fellow immigrants - they are more likely to understand it.

Comment

Breshnikov:

A person who thinks they are envied is usually quite insecure and uncomfortable in their own skin. I always find it amusing that those who critize the U.S. can never explain why no one is standing in line to leave. I don't see the Russian, Indian or Chineese embassies inundated with people clamoring to get visa.

Wonder why that is? Maybe no one wants to go there. Maybe just maybe no one envies them at all.

BTW if prettyelenor was so happy in her country why is her family clamoring to get out on asylum? What possible job could a young dumb girl get that would make her want to stay in a country persecuting her father? What kind of person would want to stay in a place that is persecuting her father?

We have a name for her, it is a very old name indeed. We also have a name for you, but I will resist as your communication skills are child like.

Comment

SugarPuff,

I work with a number of highly qualified people who lived and in US, Canada and Europe but returned to their home country where they were able to build successful and highly lucrative careers.
                              Of course, those of lesser skills and aptitude often do prefer staying in the US – it's easier to be mediocre there.

As for Russian visas, the country currently has a huge number of illegal workers from the bordering countries along its southern borders who come here to earn wages that are much higher than what they could earn at home. I would not be surprised if the population of illegal workers in Russia is on par with that of the US.

I don't know about Eleanor but your insults and debasing insinuations hailed at her simply because she dared NOT TO WANT TO COME TO AMERICA only show that you are a conceited brain-washed redneck. Well, at least you have plenty of people who are just like you in the states.
                              Congratulations!

Comment

Working...
                              X