Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marrying an F1 student and applying for GC.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marrying an F1 student and applying for GC.

Hello
    My girlfriend came to US on F1 and was staying with me ever since she came while she was attending school.
    I am a US citizen. We got married last month and would like to file for her green card.

Does any one know of any complications in getting GC?

I am worried about INS raising issue since she has been staying with me ever since she came to this country.

Any help or insight on the issue would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hello
    My girlfriend came to US on F1 and was staying with me ever since she came while she was attending school.
    I am a US citizen. We got married last month and would like to file for her green card.

Does any one know of any complications in getting GC?

I am worried about INS raising issue since she has been staying with me ever since she came to this country.

Any help or insight on the issue would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

You should have no problem with that. As long as you can prove a bonafide marriage with all of the joint paperwork and proof of a life together, you will be fine. Unless of course, you don't make above the poverty line or your wife has some other circumstance such as getting herself arrested. If it is a clear cut case, of just marrying your darlin.... no problem.

It still takes forever though. Over 2 years for us. That turned out ok though cause he got a 10 year green card.

Comment

Listen, Bombay Gay, we have enough trouble with homosexuals in our own country.
        Please do your fudge-packing in your own country.

Comment

Thanks Miki for the reply, I really appreciate.
          Tell me one thing.Was your husband in the same situation as myself?
          Thanks

Comment

No problems!!-- as long as you came here legally and don't have the intention of obtaining the GREEN CARD through marriage.
            Good luck!

Comment

Excuse me if I am making a "faux pas" here, but Lundak looks like, you know, well...you get the point.

Comment

no you r not making a "faux pas" the American Lundak is gay.

Comment

Working...
                X