adoption proof of entry question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adoption proof of entry question

does anyone have experience with rejection of 485's because an affidavit was submitted as prrof of entry of the adoptive child. the adoptive parents watched the bio's carry the child across, then the child was left with them. they submitted an affidavit that the child was waived across the border, but the 485 was rejected due to lack of proof of current immigration status. any insight?

does anyone have experience with rejection of 485's because an affidavit was submitted as prrof of entry of the adoptive child. the adoptive parents watched the bio's carry the child across, then the child was left with them. they submitted an affidavit that the child was waived across the border, but the 485 was rejected due to lack of proof of current immigration status. any insight?

Comment

Welcome to ILW, kirish19.

While I can't answer your question, I'm giving it a little b.ump so that someone with more experience may spot it.
      The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

Was it a legal and binding adaoption, Kirish?
        --------------------
        "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. " - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Also, how exactly did the child cross the border? Did they come through an immigration check point when the hand-over was made? How old was the child at that time?
          The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

B.umping this up as to not let it get buried.
            --------------------
            "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. " - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
            X