Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steph-son

My wife is going for her N400 interview December
    14th. Im a citizen. If she passes the test,what becomes the status of her 13 year old son,who is a permenant resident? does he get automatic citenship? Or does he have to wait until he is 18 to apply?

thanks

My wife is going for her N400 interview December
    14th. Im a citizen. If she passes the test,what becomes the status of her 13 year old son,who is a permenant resident? does he get automatic citenship? Or does he have to wait until he is 18 to apply?

thanks

Comment

Dear Mr. jfrancus,

If i am correct, as soon as your wife receives her Naturalization Certificate, her son will automatically become a U.S. Citizen. In order to prove his Citizenship status, you may file an N-600 Application for Citizenship Certificate and pay the requisite filing fee. He will eventually be called in to the Immigration Office for an interview and receive his Citizenship Certificate at that time. He will not be required to wait until age 18 or take an exam.

If you do not want to file the N-600, you may be able to obtain a US Passport for him instead, I'm not really sure if this is possible but you can try.

Congratulations to your wife and stepson!

(THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE)
      Leviticus 19:33-34
      "When an alien lives with you in your land, do not mistreat him. The alien living with you must be treated as one of your native-born. Love him as yourself, for you were aliens in Egypt. I am the LORD your God."

Comment

Working...
      X