How long to receive verification of nonfiling from IRS/I485 questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long to receive verification of nonfiling from IRS/I485 questions

I've been waiting about 6 weeks to receive my verification of nonfiling from the IRS in order to complete and send the I-485 and I-765 for my wife. This is holding us up and making us nervous because her OPT expires in January.

My questions:

1. Has anyone here needed a verification of nonfiling and how long did it take?

2. How long after sending in the I485 and I765 will it be before my wife receives the EA card?

3. Can I send in the incomplete i485 (no ver. of nonfiling), still receive the EA, and later send the nonfiling document when they request it?

Thank you very much.

I've been waiting about 6 weeks to receive my verification of nonfiling from the IRS in order to complete and send the I-485 and I-765 for my wife. This is holding us up and making us nervous because her OPT expires in January.

My questions:

1. Has anyone here needed a verification of nonfiling and how long did it take?

2. How long after sending in the I485 and I765 will it be before my wife receives the EA card?

3. Can I send in the incomplete i485 (no ver. of nonfiling), still receive the EA, and later send the nonfiling document when they request it?

Thank you very much.

Comment

Hi gregroos,

2. should be within 90 days

3. possible, but I would consider that only after all other options

Have you called the IRS and asked how long it may take?

Comment

Working...
      X