Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sponsers who've been minipulated by an immigrant?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sponsers who've been minipulated by an immigrant?

I'm looking for advice, forum, etc.

We got married in a hurry just before his visit-visa expired. We only knew each other for 3 months. I then payed the INS fees and another $1k for a lawyer. We cannot get along now so divorce seems the only choice. We've been married 1.5 yrs and he has been back to his country 4 times (which I mostly financed the costs)and his work is low paying anyway thus the divorce lawyer says he will probably get alomony of 1/3rd of my salary for about 9 months. Plus, he is entitled to half the community property and he will probably get the car that I am making payments on.

He has lived with me 1.5 years without paying a single bill. He will walkaway with a greencard, car, jewelry, and alamony.

I think I'm getting shafted!!

Is there anything I can do to reduce my losses?

Thanks, Masona

I'm looking for advice, forum, etc.

We got married in a hurry just before his visit-visa expired. We only knew each other for 3 months. I then payed the INS fees and another $1k for a lawyer. We cannot get along now so divorce seems the only choice. We've been married 1.5 yrs and he has been back to his country 4 times (which I mostly financed the costs)and his work is low paying anyway thus the divorce lawyer says he will probably get alomony of 1/3rd of my salary for about 9 months. Plus, he is entitled to half the community property and he will probably get the car that I am making payments on.

He has lived with me 1.5 years without paying a single bill. He will walkaway with a greencard, car, jewelry, and alamony.

I think I'm getting shafted!!

Is there anything I can do to reduce my losses?

Thanks, Masona

Comment

that *****! I feel sorry for you.

Comment

I have the same problem. We are divorced now and she took the money and not the bills.
        My real problem and yours is my signing of the I-864. We are responsible for the immigrant for 10 years, until they become a citizen or die or leave the country. You are responsible for medical and other benefits provided by government agency's. I was told tonight the INS may not be enforcing the I-864 contract which we signed, which I would like to confirm.
        Wish us luck.

Comment

What is the status of your I-485 and green card, interview etc.
          You may still have a chance to revoke the I-864.
          Don't let this go a far as my case. Your losses are small compared to what they might be in the future.

Comment

Working...
          X