Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Top 30 Law Schools Ranking.. where is Hofstra?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Top 30 Law Schools Ranking.. where is Hofstra?

http://www.top-law-schools.com/2003-...rankings.shtml

http://www.top-law-schools.com/2003-...rankings.shtml

Comment

Hofstra is in the super-elite section which you can not see because you have to be a super-elite member to view this list. It is perhaps the best law school in all of world history. What Business School and Law School did you attend ?

Comment

Currently attending Columbia University's School of International and Public Affairs (SIPA).....Hofstra does not come close, even when we are looking for Janitors!

Comment

Even better Michael..the ranking of Law schools per States....Hofstra is not even mentionned in New York State!!!!!!!!!

http://www.top-law-schools.com/new-y...-schools.shtml

Comment

Please see whether it appears in the top 50 law schools in the town of Hofstra or whatever the town is called.

Comment

It is but you are obviously illiterate. Columbia, Cornell and NYU do not have part time programs.

"The following NY law schools are generally ranked amongst the top 100 law schools:

St. John's University
              University of Buffalo
              Hofstra University "

Comment

Also see

http://www.lawschool100.com/

Also see USnews&world report Ranking

These reports underrank Hofstra because of political reasons but they all point out that Hofstra is one of the best. I know people who were accepted to Columbia, NYU, and St Johns whoa are going to Hofstra. Hofstra is without question the best law school on Long Island, which is the epicenter of the world, and 2.2 miles from my house.

Comment

Michael,
                  "I know people who were accepted to Columbia, NYU, and St Johns whoa are going to Hofstra"

Your statement will be hard to believe/verify/understand. Besides financial difficulties I don't see any other reason why an individual will choose Hofstra Law over any other law school in NY.....
                  But again, you get what you deserve!

Comment

You are just ignorant; what can I say ?

Comment

Better be nice to me Mike-Hole I might recommend you when you -finally- get out of that hole in Long Island....

Comment

Should be interesting to see how Schmitty deals with the left-wing liberals at Hofstra. You're heading into enemy territory there Schmitty.

Author E.L. Doctorow, who penned ``Ragtime'' and ``City of God,'' was stunned when his commencement address at Hofstra University was booed by some students angry at his criticism of President Bush. ``I thought we were all supposed to speak out,'' he told The Washington Post in Tuesday's editions. ``Isn't that what this country is about?''

In a 20-minute address to graduates at the Long Island school on Sunday, the novelist criticized Bush's tax cuts, anti-terrorism policies and the Patriot Act, but focused mainly on what he called Bush's ``untrue'' stories about the war in Iraq.

That led to a torrent of boos and catcalls that forced Doctorow to stop talking. Hofstra President Stuart Rabinowitz stepped to the podium and asked the audience to let him finish.

Doctorow, 73, a National Book Award and PEN/Faulkner prize winner, received an honorary doctorate in humane letters.

He told the Post that his speech made the point to graduates that ``simply because something was said by authority did not mean it shouldn't be questioned. I think it was entirely appropriate.''

O.K. I understand that graduation speeches should highlight the future for graduating seniors instead of stump speeches, but I think the point was how our civil liberties and freedom of expression have been trampled on during this Administration. How apropos that such a speech was also marred from the same type of tactic that W. uses, "you're not with us, then you're against us".

Comment

Working...
                        X