Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-130 Petition

Hi,

I am a US citizen and my mother is a permanent residence. I have two siblings of 16 and 18 years. Both my mother and I can file I 130 for them. However the priority dates are different: if my mother applies for them it takes about 4years, on the other hand if I apply for them it takes almost 10 years.

Since my mother health condition is not good, can my mother and I file I-130 for my siblings? I am thinking if my mother's petitions get approved they will come earlier. If something happens to my mother, their immigration process will not be delayed as I have the application for them.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Hi,

I am a US citizen and my mother is a permanent residence. I have two siblings of 16 and 18 years. Both my mother and I can file I 130 for them. However the priority dates are different: if my mother applies for them it takes about 4years, on the other hand if I apply for them it takes almost 10 years.

Since my mother health condition is not good, can my mother and I file I-130 for my siblings? I am thinking if my mother's petitions get approved they will come earlier. If something happens to my mother, their immigration process will not be delayed as I have the application for them.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Comment

to the best of my knowledge, a beneficiary can have more than one petitions pending on their behalf. So, I would say, you and your mother can petition your siblings at the same time.

Comment

aneri, yes he/she can file at the same time.

Comment

Working...
        X