alien absconder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alien absconder

Update" Immigration had granted my husband a date of Feb 14,1988 to depart voluntarily from USA. On Nov 11,1989 while driving under the influence,drag racing, he killed a woman. He was arrested and given 3-6 year sentence. He was not deported because immigration said, it was a misdeamenor- not deportable. Now after reporting him for spousal abuse, immigration takes a second look at his file, arrest him for
    aggravated assault, crime of violence. It has taken fifteen years for him to be placed in custody. How many years will it take, before he is deported? I have filed for divorce but attorney said, this is an unusual case. My husband, this year, begin transferring his assets to friends. (Cars, houses, deeds, titles, bankbooks) before placed in ICE custody on Oct 14, 2005. What can I do? His pre-hearing was Oct 24. His next hearing, which is suppose to be his final hearing is scheduled for Nov 23. What happens, if he is deported during divorce proceeding? What happens to his assets? Will his failure to depart US in 1988 or his
    out of status since 2004, help my case? Is there something I can do, or an agency I can call? So far I have paid my attorney $2,500.
    HELP?

Update" Immigration had granted my husband a date of Feb 14,1988 to depart voluntarily from USA. On Nov 11,1989 while driving under the influence,drag racing, he killed a woman. He was arrested and given 3-6 year sentence. He was not deported because immigration said, it was a misdeamenor- not deportable. Now after reporting him for spousal abuse, immigration takes a second look at his file, arrest him for
    aggravated assault, crime of violence. It has taken fifteen years for him to be placed in custody. How many years will it take, before he is deported? I have filed for divorce but attorney said, this is an unusual case. My husband, this year, begin transferring his assets to friends. (Cars, houses, deeds, titles, bankbooks) before placed in ICE custody on Oct 14, 2005. What can I do? His pre-hearing was Oct 24. His next hearing, which is suppose to be his final hearing is scheduled for Nov 23. What happens, if he is deported during divorce proceeding? What happens to his assets? Will his failure to depart US in 1988 or his
    out of status since 2004, help my case? Is there something I can do, or an agency I can call? So far I have paid my attorney $2,500.
    HELP?

Comment

Looks like INS screwed up back on 1988-89 (surprise, surprise). As for the assest, You'll need a divorce lawyer. Just because he's deported or becomes a felon, doesn't reliquish him out of what is his to begin with.

Comment

Working...
      X