Research: Children of Deported Parents

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Research: Children of Deported Parents

The Committee for Hispanic Children and Families (CHCF), a non-profit organization, is seeking funding support from immigration lawyers to highlight the challenges that children of undocumented parents face in New York City when parents are detained or deported and the need for better social support systems. As an example, there are an estimated half a million undocumented immigrants in New York City. We feel that a successful study will not only help service organizations, but also help immigrant attorneys.

More than 5 million children currently live in the US with at least one undocumented parent and 3.1 million of these children are citizens of the US. Parents of these children are in danger of deportation or detention, putting the families at risk of separation, emotional stress and economic hardship. Recent reports have shown the severe effects of raids and parental arrests on children, such as difficulty sleeping, nightmares, anxiety, increased levels of crying, eating less, fear of law enforcement officials, temporary drop in school performance, and aggression. We would like to further document these problems in New York City and develop recommendations to improve the social service support system.

The Committee for Hispanic Children and Families has provided dependable youth and family educational and support services while undertaking policy and advocacy initiatives for over 25 years. CHCF works with established groups to bring a Latino voice and perspective to issues such as child care in New York State through the Permanent Judicial Commission for Children. In addition, through its work with the International Child Welfare Forum (IFCW), CHCF is involved in discussions and programs to improve the well-being of children around the world.

If you are interested in learning more about the research we hope to undertake, please contact Farhan Banani via email at fbanani@chcfinc.org or via phone at (212) 206-1090 ext. 337.

To learn more about our organization, please visit: www.chcfinc.org, and if you have any suggestions or input, please submit responses to this posting.

The only contribution I make is to call ICE. These illegal beaners should leave, they don't belong here. I bet that Banana guy is a towel head.

Comment

Who in their right mind would want to help (and thus enrich) immigration attorneys???? These self-proclaimed noble do-gooders are selling out the American worker and American dream to the lowest bidder (as long as they can pony up billable hours!!), regardless of their qualifications or criminal background.....dirtbag illegals who get deported have only to look in the mirror to see whose FN fault that event should be blamed upon.....themselves....just because too darn many of them hammer out American brats is NO reason to reward illegals in any way, shape or form, nor add to the already bulging coffers of greedy immigration attorneys.

Comment

Those children should question their parents about breaking every law in the land, and after their family summit, the children should tell their wonderful parents to do the right thing and go back where they came from.

Comment

Originally posted by Someone12:
          Who in their right mind would want to help (and thus enrich) immigration attorneys???? These self-proclaimed noble do-gooders are selling out the American worker and American dream to the lowest bidder (as long as they can pony up billable hours!!), regardless of their qualifications or criminal background.....dirtbag illegals who get deported have only to look in the mirror to see whose FN fault that event should be blamed upon.....themselves....just because too darn many of them hammer out American brats is NO reason to reward illegals in any way, shape or form, nor add to the already bulging coffers of greedy immigration attorneys.
          You hate immigration attorneys. You hate USCIS people who approve immigration benefits. You hate church people especially those who advocate immigrant rights. You hate politicians who advance pro-immigrant legislations. You hate the sector of the populace that thinks that reforms are long overdue to a broken immigration system.

You hate all immigrants in general using the lame cloak of liking legals vs. disliking illegals. But still, the bottom line is that you hate all immigrants undeniably. Well, I say, this is the United States of America we're talking about here, which is the land of immigrants - then, now, and in generations upon generations to come.

Problems are there as of now. Serious problems in fact. Wherefore, the best way to approach in solving it is by logic and not by hate. Those who opt for the latter option are idiots (like you!). And that's an understatement.

Comment

I don't like illegal aliens nor those who would help them gain access to MY country, steal jobs and benefits from Americans nor see immigration attorneys making pots of money selling out their fellow man....you, however, are so dense and have no knowledge of our immigration laws and flaws...you see nothing wrong with allowing dirtbags to overtake our country....well,,, suppose one of your 'rough' neighbors lost his/her job to some unqualified dirtbag...when that happens, be sure to go over to his/her house and explain why that's ok in your book....of course, I hope your medical and dental insurance is paid up, since you will likely require assistance from one or both of those professions.....you, ProudUSC and a host of others see nothing wrong with selling out America...you're too stupid and lazy to mow your own grass...you're likely stymied by trying to figure out which end of a suppository goes in which orifice first....but if you really love illegals so much, why are YOU funding their education personally??? Why aren't YOU taking in a dozen or so into YOUR trailer and letting them live off of your income, etc?

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Someone12:
              I don't like illegal aliens nor those who would help them gain access to MY country, steal jobs and benefits from Americans nor see immigration attorneys making pots of money selling out their fellow man....you, however, are so dense and have no knowledge of our immigration laws and flaws...you see nothing wrong with allowing dirtbags to overtake our country....well,,, suppose one of your 'rough' neighbors lost his/her job to some unqualified dirtbag...when that happens, be sure to go over to his/her house and explain why that's ok in your book....of course, I hope your medical and dental insurance is paid up, since you will likely require assistance from one or both of those professions.....you, ProudUSC and a host of others see nothing wrong with selling out America...you're too stupid and lazy to mow your own grass...you're likely stymied by trying to figure out which end of a suppository goes in which orifice first....but if you really love illegals so much, why are YOU funding their education personally??? Why aren't YOU taking in a dozen or so into YOUR trailer and letting them live off of your income, etc? QUOTE]

I guess this was bait to see if I'm still around, lol. Yes and no. Not much going on this forum anymore. There are better places out there.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Someone12:
                I don't like illegal aliens nor those who would help them gain access to MY country, steal jobs and benefits from Americans nor see immigration attorneys making pots of money selling out their fellow man....you, however, are so dense and have no knowledge of our immigration laws and flaws...you see nothing wrong with allowing dirtbags to overtake our country....well,,, suppose one of your 'rough' neighbors lost his/her job to some unqualified dirtbag...when that happens, be sure to go over to his/her house and explain why that's ok in your book....of course, I hope your medical and dental insurance is paid up, since you will likely require assistance from one or both of those professions.....you, ProudUSC and a host of others see nothing wrong with selling out America...you're too stupid and lazy to mow your own grass...you're likely stymied by trying to figure out which end of a suppository goes in which orifice first....but if you really love illegals so much, why are YOU funding their education personally??? Why aren't YOU taking in a dozen or so into YOUR trailer and letting them live off of your income, etc?QUOTE]

See? How could you convince me (with such an incoherently filthy jargon that you can come up with - and that's your best shot) that you're not an idiot and that I'm so unkind to understate your state of mind?

Comment

Those children should question their parents about breaking every law in the land, and after their family summit, the children should tell their wonderful parents to do the right thing and go back where they came from.
                  There's a reason why you are nicknamed No Brain. The above statement is proof of just one of many. Yes I can really see a 2yr old kid telling their parents how bad they are for being here illegally

Proudie asked elsewhere if you ever finished High School. I'd say you never went there in the first place!
                  "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

Oh wow! your post has been 'sanitized' by the site Mod. Hmmm, the word idiot that I used wasn't stricken out, there's a clear sign of concurrence there. Go ahead, as idiot as you are, weep that your 1st amendment rights have been violated! But on a more serious note, I have seen how you bruited about the 1st amendment in the past. Just a hint for you: a private site's Terms of Use trumps your freedoms guaranteed by the 1st amendment. That's an apparent fact as of now. So now we can talk.

Comment

It does raise an important question. What of those U.S. citizens who've had their prevailing wage decimated because of the illegal actions supported by some of you guys?

Two, would that support still exist if the impact reached your homes?

Some direct answers would finally put to rest whether it be situational ethics and hypocrisy or uniform support of an idea regardless who suffers.
                      This message brought to you by the vast right wing conspiracy.

Comment

That's actually as if one is trying to have an ideal and clear vision of the horizon while swimming in a muddy pond. In one corner, there's the pool of workers for available jobs they're willing to land at whatever amount the recompense shall be. While in the other corner, are those businesses that are willing to hire these readily available, cheap, if illegal, labor force. In yet another, is the government that's grappling to remedy the symptoms of this disease with I-9, E-Verify, worksite raids, and/or legal sanctions. In the last corner, of course, is the general populace here and abroad that either jumps up and down or scratches its head as a result of this perennial boon or doom, depending on who you ask.

Overall, why not cast the blame on the weakest factor in the equation - the illegal workforce? Anyway, that's easy, convenient, and 'patriotic.'

In another development, why is it not OK for others to be illegals immigration-wise, but it's no-problem if one of them happened to be one's spouse who at one time violated visa terms, who was removable once, till that someone fought tooth and nail thru all ways and means paying all 'demons' along the way to flex the rules in their favor? Hypocrisy or pragmatism as long as it doesn't hit home?

Comment

Drawing upon spurious narratives doesn't answer the questions. Aside being irrelevant, they're not factual.

I made no distinction as to who was breaking the law versus who is innocent. Calling employer and employee out in the open, they're equally guilty. That stands as fact, but it's the result of these activities being examined.

The issue at the tip of the sword is harm caused U.S. citizens from the actions your ilk support. Justify their pain and would you accept it if turned on you for the same cause is the question.

Paying demons? I give no homage to satan. However, my actions caused no USC any suffering making the comments again, irrelevant to the questions at hand. Please continue.

Comment

Pushing for reform doesn't necessarily mean supporting illegality. It's the exact opposite of what you want to allude to actually. It's your ilk that protects the 'status quo' that supports this scam.

On the other issue, it's the need to 'practice what you preach' because perhaps what you call hypocrisy by others translate to your being more guilty of the accusation as a matter of fact.

Comment

To be a hypocrite would require causing or agreeing with the same you avoid yourself. The grievance is the financial harm caused which is generally at the root of those against permitted illegal immigration. For me, I would have to be guilty of depriving a USC employment in favor of an illegal. I neither condone it nor practice it. I stand innocent.

So, back to the questions. You stand in favor of it when it hurts this country's citizens. I ask for justification and if the sincerity of that belief extends to your front door.

Comment

Working...
                              X