visa type and affidavit of support questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• visa type and affidavit of support questions

My husband was told by a friend that there is a law in Maryland that allows a company owner to offer a job and therefor a foreigner may be allowed a visa. Believe me, we hear tons of things like this, but we never know what is correct or false information. So here I am asking.
    Since he is married to me, can he ask for a tourist visa??
    On the state department site it says a fiance visa does not require the affidavit of support, but the consulate says they want it. So, who is right?

Also, can a job offer take the place of an affidavit of support??

My husband was told by a friend that there is a law in Maryland that allows a company owner to offer a job and therefor a foreigner may be allowed a visa. Believe me, we hear tons of things like this, but we never know what is correct or false information. So here I am asking.
    Since he is married to me, can he ask for a tourist visa??
    On the state department site it says a fiance visa does not require the affidavit of support, but the consulate says they want it. So, who is right?

Also, can a job offer take the place of an affidavit of support??

Comment

Hi there..I sympathise with you living a life that is beyond your understanding right now...Where abouts in Morocco are you? I have heard that even if your husband earns more money than you actually do, you still have to show means to support him...I believe things are getting so complicated when it comes to immigrating to the US...its getting unbearable.
      ...Good luck...

Comment

Working...
      X