What Would you do with no answers? N400 case

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Would you do with no answers? N400 case

I filed for an N400 case back in April of 2002, had my intreview back in August of 2002, officer said evrything is OK but we are waiting on my finger prints to clear, finally the same immigration officer said in January of 2004 that I just got cleared and my name is in the Q for an Oath, but in February of 2004 got a letter to go back and re finger print because mine were expired, currently I am still waiting to hear from them I called the congressman in my state and they said I am still under a background check, so i am really confuzed, If I have anything in my file why they do not deny my case what are they waiting for? should file a law suit or I will be waisting my money? any one knows what is going on (Ihave no criminal background what so ever, I have been in this country for the last 14 years with no problems)

I filed for an N400 case back in April of 2002, had my intreview back in August of 2002, officer said evrything is OK but we are waiting on my finger prints to clear, finally the same immigration officer said in January of 2004 that I just got cleared and my name is in the Q for an Oath, but in February of 2004 got a letter to go back and re finger print because mine were expired, currently I am still waiting to hear from them I called the congressman in my state and they said I am still under a background check, so i am really confuzed, If I have anything in my file why they do not deny my case what are they waiting for? should file a law suit or I will be waisting my money? any one knows what is going on (Ihave no criminal background what so ever, I have been in this country for the last 14 years with no problems)

Comment

How did the immigration officer inform you that your name was cleared? Is it in writing?

It's hard to tell from your message but it appears you did go in and get printed a second time?

Yes, it is true that prints are only good for one year and they must be retaken if you have not taken the oath. I heard of another person that was approved for naturalization but the fingerprints expired between her approval and the oath ceremony and she had to go back for more prints. It's a silly system, that's for sure.

Sometimes it helps to use either a Representative or a Senator. If one is not getting any answers, try another.

Another method to find out about your case is to contact the USCIS ombudsman. I have hear of others that have contacted the ombudsman and have seen action on their case, as a result. It can't hurt to try.

http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/display...9&content=3732

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
      X