How can a spouse report to immigration that marriage is fraud

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can a spouse report to immigration that marriage is fraud

I have a question.how can a spouse report to immigration that marriage is fraud with out getting them selves into trouble,say for instance,I married some one for love and that person writes to immigration to tell them lies that I married for green card,and yet the person has no proof how can this affect me?Can any one shed light on this for me,please!

I have a question.how can a spouse report to immigration that marriage is fraud with out getting them selves into trouble,say for instance,I married some one for love and that person writes to immigration to tell them lies that I married for green card,and yet the person has no proof how can this affect me?Can any one shed light on this for me,please!

Comment

Well it happens a lot, but the results can depend on the length of marriage, whether or not the USC spouse can prove it or not and is there any truth in the matter.
      If you or the person did marry for love, then really there is a very slim chance that USCIS will follow it up if there isn't much evidence.

Also the USC has to be careful not to purge themself, as if they say that they knew for sometime or knew that the immigrant only married for GC, but they went along with it and produced evidence at interview or for filing to help you get that, well they will likely get into trouble themselves, or won't have a leg to stand on. (well in most cases).

Do you or the person have a conditional GC or Perm one?
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
      1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Comment

Do not listen to the advice of others on this board. Most of them obtained their residency through fraud. I will send you a private message.

Comment

SOM you are willing to help and advise someone who has a Green Card and being accused of fraud?

Wow I am changing my views about you now! lol

Actually I take that back...you can never change
          -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sprint_girl07:
            SOM you are willing to help and advise someone who has a Green Card and being accused of fraud?
            Wow I am changing my views about you now! lol
            Actually I take that back...you can never change </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow I am stoned ! I totally misread the situation and retracted the original PM; I replcaced it with

GET OUT YOU FRAUDSTER !!

Thank you Sprint

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by omni:
              I have a question.how can a spouse report to immigration that marriage is fraud with out getting them selves into trouble,say for instance,I married some one for love and that person writes to immigration to tell them lies that I married for green card,and yet the person has no proof how can this affect me?Can any one shed light on this for me,please! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why would someone get in trouble for reporting a crime against them???? I am sure they know the situation better than anyone. As a US Citizen, they are more credible than a scam artist foreigner.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Also the USC has to be careful not to purge themself, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean pergure ; purging oneself would also be bad

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SonofMichael:
                  You mean pergur ; purging oneself would also be bad </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you're going to correct someone, SOM, at least get it right yourself. The word is perjure.

Omni, as far as accusations of fraud go, the USCIS are quite used to hearing this sort of thing when a marriage breaks up and take them with a grain of salt. Concrete evidence needs to be provided to them for them to take it seriously, and as Sprint said, the length of the marriage and the evidence provided in the first place can be a factor.
                  The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aroha:
                    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SonofMichael:
                    You mean pergur ; purging oneself would also be bad </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you're going to correct someone, SOM, at least get it right yourself. The word is perjure.

Omni, as far as accusations of fraud go, the USCIS are quite used to hearing this sort of thing when a marriage breaks up and take them with a grain of salt. Concrete evidence needs to be provided to them for them to take it seriously, and as Sprint said, the length of the marriage and the evidence provided in the first place can be a factor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is how I spelled it. Yes, USCIS is also quite used to hearing about how people suddenly no longer wanted to be married as soon as they goet their green card. This is called marriage fraud.

Comment

And Michael calls himself a law student? PMSL!!

Oh editing your post to correct your words doesn't count lol

Comment

How petty and childish

Comment

In my opinion, ff the marriage is fraud the spouse is part of the fraud.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Smeagolrocks:
                            In my opinion, ff the marriage is fraud the spouse is part of the fraud. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Alomg those lines; if a woman gets raped, she was asking for it, if someone gets robbed, they deserved it and if someone gets murdered, he should be sent to jail.

The stupidity of the self righteous is never ending

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Smeagolrocks:
                              In my opinion, ff the marriage is fraud the spouse is part of the fraud. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not necessarily. There are spouses that thought their partners were completely sincere and were so blinded by love, their good luck or whatever, that they failed to see the warning signs and are completely blindsided when it happens.

There are also plenty of others who get bitter and twisted when the marriage breaks down for other reasons (especially fault on their part) and will tell a divorce judge, immigration and anyone else who'll listen the most horrific things to get back at their ex.
                              The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

Working...
                              X